Classifieds

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I don’t know what it is. Maybe NES is just loaded with skinflints because I have a huge success rate selling guns on Armslist?🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the only guns I was able to sell on NES over the years, was a Hi Point Carbine 9mm and a Rem 1100 12 gauge. And possibly a Glock 42. The other 10+ guns were on Armslist.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I remember a while back all the "AR experts" here were dogging a seller for charging $800 for a lower, it was a KAC lol
I'm on other forums of different interests, one in particular(photography) charges $7 for a 30 day ad for items totaling >$100 and $2 for items totaling <$100 which seems to keep the classifieds pretty well streamlined. When I've sold camera gear I've never once had a buyer try and chisel down the price asked.

By comparison, a lot of gun owners(wrt purchasing) seem to be more on the side of being cheap pricks. They'll spend $7 in gas passing other LGS, waste hours of their lives, all to save $10 on a gun. As far as the sellers here who gouge, they just go on the ignore list.
Yep

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I don’t know what it is. Maybe NES is just loaded with skinflints because I have a huge success rate selling guns on Armslist?🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the only guns I was able to sell on NES over the years, was a Hi Point Carbine 9mm and a Rem 1100 12 gauge. And possibly a Glock 42. The other 10+ guns were on Armslist.
Also being a dealer I sell a lot of guns. I post personal stuff from this account and dealer stuff from my dealer account. I post on NES and armslist.

NES I get offered low ball prices, bodyguards as trade, and new guns selling at cost get ignored, but people follow through.

Armslist I get infinite stupid questions, offered microwaves in trade, and I frequently get ghosted, but good deals get snapped up and things sell.

Once you weed out the dweebs and accept that people kick tires and flake out, armslist sells more guns. NES has better quality buyers who follow through.

So I would rather deal with NES people but armslist is more likely to actually sell something.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
You're all just a bunch of cheap Bast--ds! What's the matter with you people not wanting to pay 10X or more the original cost of the item!;)[laugh]

Individualist

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I’ve had great success both buying and selling here. I want it to remain open to sellers to ask whatever they want and buyers to decide for themselves what they are willing to pay.

I know people with boatloads of money who will gladly overpay fair market value if they can get it right away if they need or want it now. Others are happy to wait until they can buy below FMV. Sometimes sales just take time to find a match between buyer and seller to satisfy both parties. That is the beauty of a capitalist society. Let’s not try to regulate that.

However putting something in place to encourage sellers to acknowledge changes in FMV on a site like this makes sense to keep out those who bogart the boards with unrealistic ads. Something like first 30 days is free then charge a listing fee every 30 days thereafter is something I would support.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have never done it, but many times I have been tempted to PM a seller a link to their item for sale, brand new, for less than they are asking for it used.
And I never trust any add that lists a carry gun that claims a low round count, but has holster wear. " Carried a lot, shot a little" So you carried a gun on your hip that only had 50 rounds through it?

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
when selling a firearm it would be nice to add the state in which it is being sold in the title.
AGREED !!

Many of us in NH are frustrated, to the point of not paying much attention to the classifieds because most of the stuff offered for sale is in MA

Most of the time I have to look at the member profile on the left of the post to see if there is a hint as to location, or use of the term eFA10, etc.

Although a dead give away is $800 Glocks.... I know from the title they are MA and not to look at them.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
AGREED !!

Many of us in NH are frustrated, to the point of not paying much attention to the classifieds because most of the stuff offered for sale is in MA

Most of the time I have to look at the member profile on the left of the post to see if there is a hint as to location, or use of the term eFA10, etc.

Although a dead give away is $800 Glocks.... I know from the title they are MA and not to look at them.
I was going to say, you can buy everything (and a lot more) sold in the classifieds in NH, at the same or lower cost.

What are you complaining about?

If there is a really good deal (rare), then go through the steps to buy it in MA.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
One thing i have noticed. Mostly Glocks in handguns (if they're so awesome why is it no one keeps them?) No one wants to trade. Most say so. Im a married guy with three kids and one income. For me its all about trading. That, and as mentioned already, Im not paying retail for your holsters you didn't like, or your stippling or what ever. Is this something you want to sell, or something you want to fund your next purchase you cant afford. BNIB and safe queen: code for i didn't like it i want you to pay over retail. Don't even get me going on the phrase “IN MASS” which guarantees its over priced.

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was going to say, you can buy everything (and a lot more) sold in the classifieds in NH, at the same or lower cost.

What are you complaining about?

If there is a really good deal (rare), then go through the steps to buy it in MA.
Point is the classifieds are useless to NH or other free state people. It would be nice to be able to see things for sale for us without having to weed through the massive pile of MA anal rape garbage.

ridleyman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
From my previous post

Classified Translator:

rare = probably not so rare, and something nobody cares about. or just simply ugly. people recognize real rare, so don't bother. and your special, unique serial number doesn't typically qualify as rare. also, something isn't rare just because everybody else on earth was too smart to touch it.

bump x 1 = normal, maybe your potential buyer was away for a couple weeks

bump x 2 = okay, maybe your potential buyer wasn't paying their internet bill and got shut off for a while

bump x 3+ = your potential buyer has died

safe queen = never liked it much, maybe some other sucker-er-buyer will take it

price drop = the original price was outrageous, maybe some buyer will step in for this slightly less outrageous price

updated = forgot to mention that the barrel is slightly warped. and the action is rusted shut.

list of features = not necessary. we're gun nuts-er-enthusiasts, no need to list 100's of features. we know the Colt 1911A1 comes with its very own grip safety and barrel "system"

minor blemish = scratch

minor scratch = gouge

minor gouge = missing stock

great truck gun = gun for sale was dragged by truck along rt 128

will sell separately = if you thought that the price was good, read the fine print. the price includes the box, manual, and frame. if you want the slide, barrel, and innards, that will really cost you!

package = comes with the gun, box, AND even the manual!

Machines

NES Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
For some items 750 views is barely a couple days' worth of exposure, so that's pretty meaningless. Not everyone's glued to NES all day long, too. You get people who only read the classifieds once every week or two. Or new members who have just joined, maybe even because of your ad. I've sold a bunch of things that've been listed for 1-2 months and someone just noticed it and snapped it up. But once you hit a few months you're probably not going to find a buyer. At that point you're just telling people it's a tough sell. I have no idea what's going through the heads of guys who've had the same guns listed for literally six years in the same ads. If you want to show off your gun collection, post in a photo thread. If you actually want to sell a gun and NES isn't doing it, find a different audience somewhere else. Gunbroker, Arfcom, whatever. Like I've had a couple guns for sale here past 4+ months I know for a fact no one local's going to buy and I'm just trying to get off my lazy ass and write up a Gunbroker listing so that one dude in Fat Butte, Montana or wherever will be able to find his dream gun.

I think NES is a hard sell sometimes because everyone here is already well armed. Looks like if a long-time member buys something, it's usually a weird or rare piece they want to cap off a collection. If you sell something common, it's to a newer member who's just starting off--that's also another reason you guys should treat non-green members with respect. They stick around and they'll go green eventually.

As far as Armslist, maybe I should try that again but it's been a total dumpster fire for me. Trying to sell="I'll send my cousin around to pick it up," "I know you said $900 and no trades, but I'll give you $150 and a case of Similac," "I don't need a permit, we all cool right?" and that one guy who accused me of being a Nigerian scammer. Trying to buy was arguably worse, since most sellers made no goddamn sense in their emails and the one time I actually did manage to buy a gun, turned out after I got it home and detail stripped it I was holding something nudging into "that's a nice dog you have, be a shame if something happened to it" territory and I had to threaten the seller with lawyers and ATF for a month before he took it back.

One thing i have noticed. Mostly Glocks in handguns (if they're so awesome why is it no one keeps them?)
I'm guessing Glocks have the highest profit margins and fastest sales. That's more motivation to list something than selling a S&W Shield for $100 less than you paid for it. Every time I'm in a gun shop someone walks in and asks if they have a Glock.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't think the Admin was looking for suggestions to complicate things (for him) by changing posting rules, or adding posting criteria or fees, etc. I think he was wishing people would stop being ridiculous WRT pricing and long term ads.

It is true of anything that one wishes to sell not just guns. Whatever it is is worth what the market will bear, if it has been for sale for a long time, you are asking too much!
I agree with this. It’s like being the boss at work (IE Derek here as the owner), you can’t (or shouldn’t) complain down to your people, you can only complain up the chain, and since that’s not an option for him, I read it as a strong suggestion, not a request for advice.

wjsmall97

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had stuff on there for a long time that I forgot to remove and got emails asking if I still have it, also stuff that I didn't bother to update having not needed to sell, all of a sudden get a buyer.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
You never know when the noob will join and rejoice when his search for $250 stag grips for his $200 gun is complete.

also don’t forget to pick an the sig 716dmr and ammo before the liberals grab it....how many years ago was that added?
we should charge extra membership dues for excessive NES bandwidth use lol
I looked at a handful of seller's other posts and they have nothing but for sale stuff and have never posted anywhere else. They should have to pay more for that lol

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've bought a gun or may be even two that were listed for over a year ago. The price may be not have been the best, but this is MA, loosers can't be choosers.

I've also, contacted people about guns for sale that were listed for over a year ago, lots of times. This is MA, we don't much choice, specific pistols or rifles, if it's not preMA ban I can't just go to GB and get it there, another MA seller is the only option. So prices in MA are not indicative of the rest of the USofA.

My only complaint, if you still have a classified listed, one year, five years, just keep it current and reply back within some reasonable time. I've contacted people with shit for sale that was listed a couple of years ago and none replied.

alan226

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've sold 5 things in the last 3 weeks through the classified ads. I've priced them right, no bullshit inflated prices. 3 of the items sold within a few hours, the other 2 within 2 days. Most of them paid full asking price because they recognized they were priced to sell.

drgrant is right. Unless the item is a dog, it will sell if priced right....

Last edited:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The funny thing is, I will gladly accept any and all listings Good or Bad, one 'Bump' or 100, in lieu of the Alternative,
which is Admin stopping all Classified Ads due to too many complaints...

More work benefits no one...

Last edited:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Okay, now who wants a Tikka T3 Lite in .308? Let’s make a deal. I’ll throw in a free roll of toilet paper.
Really would make a sweet SHTF platform, especially with 10-rounders and training.
Hunting and long rang Defense covered. How could anyone go wrong...?
~Enbloc

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Come to think of it, this thread may just be a great leadership type exercise by Admin, considering the stress levels around town right now, leaving an opening for everybody to bitch and get it out of your system, “Go ahead, get your bitchin’ done and move on with it” since the Mods/Admin got so many PM’d complaints the last couple weeks about gouging.

Never underestimate someone’s ability to coerce and manipulate a situation, for the good of all.

NickLeduc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I've bought a gun or may be even two that were listed for over a year ago. The price may be not have been the best, but this is MA, loosers can't be choosers.

I've also, contacted people about guns for sale that were listed for over a year ago, lots of times. This is MA, we don't much choice, specific pistols or rifles, if it's not preMA ban I can't just go to GB and get it there, another MA seller is the only option. So prices in MA are not indicative of the rest of the USofA.

My only complaint, if you still have a classified listed, one year, five years, just keep it current and reply back within some reasonable time. I've contacted people with shit for sale that was listed a couple of years ago and none replied.
I got bored last week and went thru every WTS reloading ad that had what I was looking for and sent messages to people that had their listing up for like 3 years. Until it is marked as "sold" anything is game. Only one replied.......

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
AGREED !!

It's in the Rules for Classifieds that you must list the area that the item will be sold. However, very many NES'rs don't bother to list a location.

I became the hated Mod here for enforcing that rule in the early days of NES. It was frustrating to try to herd cats in the For Sale sections. Now I'm glad to just be a paying member and don't bother with ads with no clue where any purchase could be made. We also burnt out most of the Mods that started when NES began, so I fully understand why the rules aren't strictly enforced anymore.

Top Bottom