• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classifieds Slump?

A quick tip on how to be successful purchasing from the NES classifieds:

1: Find the NES ad in which you would like to purchase ($225) WTS - Colt-A1-Stock-Set-Tri-Handguards-Grip-Vietnam Era

2: Locate the NES seller on eBay and purchase the item listed above for $30. Colt Firearms Rifle Stock Vietnam War Era | eBay

No wonder classifieds suck here lately. MA is cash cow for sellers like this. People pay crazy prices, so people keep charging crazy prices. I've noticed an increase of out of state sellers looking to unload their old mags, banking on our state restrictions.

Luckily you can setup notifications on eBay for when a new listing of your desired search is listed. Once that pedestal sink hits eBay, Im getting it for a fraction of what it is listed here!

Exactly. Once I see something like this I won’t buy it even if they drop the price way down, big turn off for me.
Like the Vietnam era issued bi-pod for 125.00 that still sells online every day for 25.00.

1: Find the NES ad in which you would like to purchase ($225) WTS - Colt-A1-Stock-Set-Tri-Handguards-Grip-Vietnam Era

2: Locate the NES seller on eBay and purchase the item listed above for $30. Colt Firearms Rifle Stock Vietnam War Era | eBay

No wonder classifieds suck here lately. MA is cash cow for sellers like this. People pay crazy prices, so people keep charging crazy prices. I've noticed an increase of out of state sellers looking to unload their old mags, banking on our state restrictions.

Luckily you can setup notifications on eBay for when a new listing of your desired search is listed. Once that pedestal sink hits eBay, Im getting it for a fraction of what it is listed here!
That’s funny and disgusting at the same time

Shoulda included the utilities as well. LOL And all the paint he bought. Add that to the bill.

I know a guy like that. He sits around and thinks and then comes up with some convoluted logic that always benefits him. He's actually better now - he got a real job a year or two ago and sees how reality works.

I wonder if people actually check market value before they list something. Like a Sig up at $650 that seems to be the same thing FS is selling for $399.

I personally like the $1900 c308 that you can get everywhere online for under 600 and was 450 3 months ago. Almost seems like the $1100 one posted a few days ago is a bargain lol

Nice find, but just should point out it sold for $55 with shipping, and it was an auction, so the seller probably didn't know what it would sell for.

He also relisted the item that sold, with the same pictures, meaning either the buyer backed out, or he's selling multiple ones with the same picture (misleading).

I wonder if people actually check market value before they list something. Like a Sig up at $650 that seems to be the same thing FS is selling for $399.

They don't. Or they think their used shxt is worth more for some reason....or are just faking it. They tell their wife they are "trying" to sell, but man...suprisingly getting no offers.

Before I sell a gun I go on FS guns, Gunbroker and Grabagun and get an average. Then subtract 100 if it has no extras....like night sights or extra mags.
Usually people are willing to buy at that price rather quickly.

I've had good luck with the few purchases and sales I've made through the classifieds. For the most part, people seem squared away, speak in full sentences, aren't looking to beat me up on prices, show up when they say they will, and are knowledgeable about the rules we have to follow. It's a lot better than most of what I've dealt with on craigslist. When I price stuff, I usually go on Gunbroker and look at completed sales, Kittery's site, and Four Seasons, to get an idea what stuff is going for, and use that as my guide. That seems to work out alright. When selling items that aren't subject to regulation, accessories, optics, reloading equipment, stuff like that where I don't need to personally verify the license status of the buyer, eBay auctions with good photos and descriptions timed to end on Sunday evenings get me what I consider fair sales prices.

Last edited:
WTB handgun posted in WTS/WTT handgun. Wants to buy gun that is off list for under dealer cost. Under 100 posts. That pretty much sums up what has happened to the classified ads. At least Derek is making $21 a pop...

To save starting a new thread...

Anyone else like it when a seller posts the Dollar Price as the last data point in their WTS thread?

WTB handgun posted in WTS/WTT handgun. Wants to buy gun that is off list for under dealer cost. Under 100 posts. That pretty much sums up what has happened to the classified ads. At least Derek is making $21 a pop...

'Cash buyer' though!!! They call the shots! Much more preferred than your typical 'wampum buyer' around these parts.

This is the best thread NES has seen in a while.
Deals do exist in classifieds but 80% is clowns looking to take advantage or just stupid.
The guns I bought on NES never made it to classifieds. People PMed me with fair prices, good communications, reasonable requests and made it happen. As with almost everything in life majority of people are stupid as hell. But the few good ones make it worth it.

Even people overpaying for ARs are cracking me up. When there are SOOO many workarounds the system. But putting up regular guns available everywhere for above high retail pricing just screams piece of shit.

Bumping should automatically roll a percentage off the price. Every time you want to refresh to the front of the list, it costs you. At the very least it would get rid of the expired, exhausted, hopeless bullshit.

Springfield XD, posted in 2016 $850 "NEED TO SELL" Price reduced to $849!! <-Good luck.

I was thinking, "Nah. The Classifieds are working fine." Then I see a guy selling a pair of Vaqueros for cheap money. WTF,O????

Back
Top Bottom