• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classifieds Slump?

I think the majority of people on here are new gun owners,post 2008 Obama.So these people that were paying $.50 a round for 5.56,still think it's worth that much when they try and off load it.Same goes with the people that paid $2000 for a Franken ar during any one of the previous panic buy sessions.

In line with that, noone wants to admit their decisions are costing them money. If you walk out of the store with a new gun, you will never get purchase price + tax back on it if you decide to ditch it a month later. Everyone is just focused on their sunk cost, which is irrelevant to everyone else.

I've sold four items off of NES in recent months to very good/stable people. Only received a few low ball offers over the course of a week or so they took to sell. Granted they were desirable items and sold for asking price, which were quite fair based on the level of interest. Doesn't make sense to me to post things with ridiculous prices and since I don't like feeling taken advantage of the last thing I am going to do is try to take advantage of another.

Personally my classifieds activity has slowed way down due to Maura’s decree. I was having a blast buying, selling and trading .308 battle rifles trying to find something to compliment my M1A. She pulled her shit a week before I was gonna pick up an AR-10... but after her decree the prices skyrocketed and I said screw it.....

The classifieds have been horrendous ever since the 7/20 ban, but i will say she saved me a ton of money.
It'll be a cold day in hell before i buy a $400 Anderson lower.

How about the $3300 BCM just posted? I paid about $1800 for the same rifle. Don't think I'd take it over a SCAR 17s and $400 cash . . .

7/20 ban was a killer. Most of us own AR/AKs so the thought of paying 2 or 3k for a post ‘94; pre 7/20 rifle is not at all appealing.

You can get into a 94 preban colts in the mid $1k's if you look hard, which in my opinion will hold its value alot better than a BCM or the like.

It seems like there is a great deal on an awesome full auto only MP40 on there.

Seems to me it’s a matching 1941 Steyr/ Daimler parts kit on a tube

I really think somebody should buy it quick!

There can be some decent deals out there if you’re patient and act quickly when you find them. I’ve actually noticed that gen 3-4 glocks have lost a little over the last few months. Semi rifles are full retard right now. I’d probably buy a legit preban if I wanted one right now or would look for a non AR or AK alternative.

It goes both ways - I've got a two-tone XDm that I can't give away in the classifieds. Admittedly I started high with the price, but I've brought it way down and still nothing.

It goes both ways - I've got a two-tone XDm that I can't give away in the classifieds. Admittedly I started high with the price, but I've brought it way down and still nothing.

It's like the housing market. You list your house for way way too much money. And people don't want to give it a second look when it slowly comes down over time. Even when it hits the correct price point.. You priced yourself out of the right buying and now your chasing the market.

It's like the housing market. You list your house for way way too much money. And people don't want to give it a second look when it slowly comes down over time. Even when it hits the correct price point.. You priced yourself out of the right buying and now your chasing the market.

Yeah when I see a house like that I won't even look at it...you assume something is wrong with it between being out so long and multiple price drops.

I sort of get the black rifle scare prices, but I can't understand all the ads for common guns priced way over market. If you're asking $50-150 more than Four Seasons will sell it for you're gonna be sitting on that for a while.

Then on the flip side I usually list something for around the going rate and get a ton of PMs saying "I don't really want the gun you're selling but I'll toss you $100 for it to help a fellow NESer." Really?

I sort of get the black rifle scare prices, but I can't understand all the ads for common guns priced way over market. If you're asking $50-150 more than Four Seasons will sell it for you're gonna be sitting on that for a while.

Then on the flip side I usually list something for around the going rate and get a ton of PMs saying "I don't really want the gun you're selling but I'll toss you $100 for it to help a fellow NESer." Really?
I often see the "no low ball offers" line in WTS's. I always assumed it was someone who has their commodity gun listed at what they paid for it 3 years ago getting offered what the gun is actually worth.

I often see the "no low ball offers" line in WTS's. I always assumed it was someone who has their commodity gun listed at what they paid for it 3 years ago getting offered what the gun is actually worth.

I never really understood the "no low ball offers" line. It's like saying you expect to sell something at a price lower than what it was listed at so of course you're going to get low offers.

To me "no lowball offers" means don't offer me $650 for something I have listed for $1000.

To me "no lowball offers" means don't offer me $650 for something I have listed for $1000.

That really depends....some guys think their crap is worth 1000, when it's really worth 650. But in those cases, I just don't even bother...because I know they will be pissed at a lowball. It's not even worth it.

If you want to lowball that much you should prove you can get it somewhere else for 650..and provide evidence of such.

So let them bump and price decline until they are into reality. Then make an offer.

A quick tip on how to be successful purchasing from the NES classifieds:

1: Find the NES ad in which you would like to purchase ($225) WTS - Colt-A1-Stock-Set-Tri-Handguards-Grip-Vietnam Era

2: Locate the NES seller on eBay and purchase the item listed above for $30. Colt Firearms Rifle Stock Vietnam War Era | eBay

No wonder classifieds suck here lately. MA is cash cow for sellers like this. People pay crazy prices, so people keep charging crazy prices. I've noticed an increase of out of state sellers looking to unload their old mags, banking on our state restrictions.

Luckily you can setup notifications on eBay for when a new listing of your desired search is listed. Once that pedestal sink hits eBay, Im getting it for a fraction of what it is listed here!

Back
Top Bottom