• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classifieds Slump?

Something else that motivates me to buy is proximity. Probably 75 percent of items on here are from Worcester to the east, and I live well west of that. Nothing anyone can really do about that but ya just hard to justify a minimum of 2 hours traveling to get something that’s mass produced.

Is it just me or has there been a slump in the classifieds over the last few months?

Not much being posted in general.

I have also seen some great deals (relatively speaking vs. the last few years) that keep getting bumped.

Is everyone broke or what?

Smart people only buy new unless they can get 100-200 off market, otherwise its not worth wasting time arguing with rape artists, etc. On the other end, because hitlery didn't get in, the market is pretty soft.

Yes/No. Since last July I all but stopped checking the Rifle Classifieds. Between the announcement for the new Sig and the Gen5 Glocks it seems like everyone and their mother is dumping their Gen4 at half-decent prices.

Something else that motivates me to buy is proximity. Probably 75 percent of items on here are from Worcester to the east, and I live well west of that. Nothing anyone can really do about that but ya just hard to justify a minimum of 2 hours traveling to get something that’s mass produced.
And because almost nobody follows the rules and posts location, it's another hour of effort trying to determine what planet, country, state and part of a state that the seller is located!

Another good reason is that folks here spend too much time criticizing the prices people post and that turns off some of us from posting for sale items on NES. Hell, I still remember trying to give away a couple of ammo cases (CMP) that everyone wanted at the time. I had 2 or 3 people stand me up on free items, so I finally left them at my gun club "swap table" before a meeting and they were gone by the end of the meeting. I recently sold some U-channel Glock mags via a different location for less than people were advertising them here, but no way would I bother posting them here. It's just not worth dealing with tire kickers and bottom feeders.

I'm only browsing it from time to time these days.

still not hot on the new forum, and not seeing too many things other than FR rape-level pre-ban glock mag prices or stuff where the sale price doesn't garner any real interest.

Also adding accessories and optics to currently held pieces, and not much in the classifieds for them.

I'm still not sure what goose rules.

NES user's protocol for the buyer and seller. Commonly referred to as "Goose Rules". Used to weed out the tire kickers and minimize the whining from interested buyers. Limited affect on MetroWest residents. Evolved as phrase attached to highly desirable items for sale, ie $400 Andersons apparently.

The Goose's Disclaimer:

• First and foremost if you want something I am selling then say “I will take it”. I do not consider questions or inquiries as a commitment of any sort. Terms like “I am interested” mean nothing. The fact that we may be having a dialogue does not mean that I am waiting for you to make a decision. The person who steps up and says “I will take it, when do we meet” closes the deal.
• I expect you to read the ad. Every single time I sell anything I get at least one and usually multiple questions about something that is already stated in the ad. Yes it has a 5” barrel AS STATED IN THE FREAKIN” AD!
• I expect YOU to know that you want the item. I am not a store. Do your own research and visit a gun shop if you just want to handle a particular gun. And no I will not meet you at your club so you can try it out to see if you like it. Of course you get to inspect the gun before you buy it, but barring a mechanical or condition issue I expect you to buy it. If you are not sure then do not waste my time. I once met a prospective buyer at the range so that he could try out a revolver I was selling. After trying it out and BSing for more then an hour he simply said that it just did not fit his hand right. WTF!
• If you want to negotiate that is fine, but do not start out by telling me that my price is too high. This is not a good way to make friends and influence people. I have never made a dime on any private sale ever. In fact I routinely lose money and have often cut deals for a friend. I may be asking more then you want to pay, but the price is never too high. Also as stated in the first item above I do not consider negotiating a form of commitment. If you are in the process of offering less then I am asking and someone else says “I will take it” then you lose. Don’t bitch at me.
• I reserve the right to sell to whoever the hell I want. Having said that I scrupulously sell to the first person who makes a firm commitment. Provided that person does not piss me off. Such as demanding that the transaction take place that day, when it does not work for me. Also do not assume that just because you are the first person to post a reply on the forum that you are also the first person to contact me directly. Not everyone posts a reply, some folks just PM an “I will take it”. I am not obligated to justify anything to some guy I have never met who demands to know why he did not get the deal when he believes he was the first in line. You may also rest assured that if you take that tack that you will also not be first in line if the initial deal falls through.
• Do not ask me if it is MA compliant. Actually, feel free to ask me, but if you are depending upon my answer without doing your own research then you should not even be participating in a private transaction. Do your own damn research.
• Do not agree to a deal on line and then offer me less when we meet. If that happens the deal is over, no matter what. A deal is a deal. The time to negotiate is during the initial transaction, once the deal is made that’s it.

Is the new software quicker to purge the sold items? Anything that looks like a decent deal is getting snatched up very quickly.

I look at it every day, but most of the Handguns are out near Boston. Too for to make any deal worth while. When I am selling no one wants to pay fair price They just looking for a low price.. when I am buying everyone wants new prices or not willing to travel part way.
But Don't stop looking if there is something you want.

Smart people only buy new unless they can get 100-200 off market, otherwise its not worth wasting time arguing with rape artists, etc. On the other end, because hitlery didn't get in, the market is pretty soft.

For me it is a 2 hour drive just to AUBURN area. So between tolls . gas and having to buy lunch. for a handgun damn near New prices just isn't worth it.. Not to mention blowing a whole day to do it... However I have bough and sold on here for years. Just have to be looking for what is available and selling what someone wants at a reasonable used price.. Otherwise I just buy new.

I was talking to the owner of Holliston Firearms about the lack of movement of certain guns as well as the lack of good used guns for sale. He was saying that every distributor has a glut of gun that they can't offload. Seems the immediate stoppage of panic buying when Trump won caught them flat footed. Production stayed high and backorders came flooding into the distributors. S&W didn't help when they released their M&P 2.0 handguns while the warehouses were filled with the older models. Not the best manufacturing move.

I always assumed goose rules was some kind of top gun reference.

That's exactly right. Goose Rules are basically an easy way of the seller saying that he wants the deal to go down like the beach volleyball scene in Top Gun. Meeting place needs to be a beach, either the buyer or seller needs to be completely shirtless while the other has no sleeves (guns out for a gun deal), and somebody has to be wearing aviator glasses. The deal isn't officially consummated until both parties have had their fill of quasi homosexual high fives and hugs.

NES user's protocol for the buyer and seller. Commonly referred to as "Goose Rules". Used to weed out the tire kickers and minimize the whining from interested buyers. Limited affect on MetroWest residents. Evolved as phrase attached to highly desirable items for sale, ie $400 Andersons apparently.

Thanks for taking the time to dig that up, Goose must have really been butthurt to type up that diatribe.

That's exactly right. Goose Rules are basically an easy way of the seller saying that he wants the deal to go down like the beach volleyball scene in Top Gun. Meeting place needs to be a beach, either the buyer or seller needs to be completely shirtless while the other has no sleeves (guns out for a gun deal), and somebody has to be wearing aviator glasses. The deal isn't officially consummated until both parties have had their fill of quasi homosexual high fives and hugs.

I got a Spikes lower for sale. FTF in Provincetown. Or we can just play some volleyball.

Spikes_Lower_Top_Gun_Volley_Ball.gif

I'd like to make a special classifieds forum for anything that's been bumped a bunch of times without a price decrease.

Some stuff has been bumped over 50 times.

What does the seller think when he's bumping it? "This is going to be the week! I can feel it!"
How about a category for just "Pre-Ban" and exploding Glocks?

gun.deals and a good ffl is the way to go. The prices here are hilarious. Used guns for a good $100 over what I can get them for new.

MA LGS rape people and then when the guy goes to sell it used at a discount on NES its still rape.

I was talking to the owner of Holliston Firearms about the lack of movement of certain guns as well as the lack of good used guns for sale. He was saying that every distributor has a glut of gun that they can't offload. Seems the immediate stoppage of panic buying when Trump won caught them flat footed. Production stayed high and backorders came flooding into the distributors. S&W didn't help when they released their M&P 2.0 handguns while the warehouses were filled with the older models. Not the best manufacturing move.
Not this fault of manufactures, distributors like JSC,CAMFOUR and others would easily liquidate the inventory and then LGS could sell for less.
As far as inventory at LGS especially used
Here's a quote from LGS when called out on his old inventory and his mark up to mark down used gun sale prices.This was at a friends of the NRA dinner.
"They don't cost me anything to sit on the rack, they don't eat. If I feel the need to move some of my used stuff it goes to auction its quicker and easier and less hassle than dealing with customers"

gun.deals and a good ffl is the way to go. The prices here are hilarious. Used guns for a good $100 over what I can get them for new.

MA LGS rape people and then when the guy goes to sell it used at a discount on NES its still rape.

Sellers here aren't very realistic. Buy a new gun go to sell it..in most cases you lose 100 dollars....minimum. Unless it's something not compliant, special, hard to get, not made anymore......then you'll still only get slightly above retail for the people who are lazy.

I've seen a normal everyday guns here priced above what you can buy them for new at Grabagun. I'll clue those forever bumpers in....people will buy it new cheaper on the internet, before they will pay more from you.

At 100 dollars less than new....people will think about it...and you might make a sale.

Also right now, when people start to get their tax money back, is the best time to sell....Feb/March/April. After that people tend to sign off and need money for summer vacation. But glut of several years of high sales has also made the market very soft as well, we are on a downtrend as far as sales goes, that's why all the major gun manufacturers are rebating the shxt out of everything.

I’ve sold 8 firearms since August. All were listed on multiple sites and only 1 sale was from NES.

Most inquiries from NES were well below asking (and the eventual sale) price or were trying to split apart packages that I didn’t have any interest in attempting to list separately.

As a NH resident, i wish there was a way to filter out all of the out of state guns. it wouldn't leave much i know but that would be better.

I think the majority of people on here are new gun owners,post 2008 Obama.So these people that were paying $.50 a round for 5.56,still think it's worth that much when they try and off load it.Same goes with the people that paid $2000 for a Franken ar during any one of the previous panic buy sessions.

Back
Top Bottom