Classified Section

I do appreciate the hard work Derek has put into this thread as well as the entire site. Your comment about tire kickers is a bit offensive at least to me. Since the site works for you and not others, everyone else can go crap in a hat? Thanks for welcoming others into your world. No offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll count you as the first person I know to be offended by a tire kicker coment. I understand it's classic meaning, but in softer terms, it's someone who paruses, (or window shops). I could have used whiners, babies, or impatient children, but I didn't... No offense...And most people who know me may tell you that my world is in fact, pretty welcoming...I just get a little tired of the whining when something changes - especially when it's in its infancy and even more when the person putting endless hours into making improvements gets thrashed, (this is not the first thread)....

Last edited:
Holy moley! I can sort the listings by state!?!
I'm in love! It was such a PITA in the old classifieds to see a post that looked good, only to find it was in the PRM :(

I recently put a new listing in the new classifieds. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get around, but I dont find it SO inconvenient that I'll never use it again or let my membership lapse as a result. Its a change, but not really a bad one. It would be helpful to get some kind of message notification, but thats really the only thing I could think of. I'll give it a thumbs up and see how it gets improved in the future.

Thanks to Derek for all the hard work put into running this circus. [wink]

Last edited:
Advanced search for content and drill-down by state is a great idea.

However, too many adds are listing MA when they are in NH (or both locations). Can we add a drop-down list or a field to fill in town or county? Can't tell where the sellers/buyers are located. Thanks.

I just tried to use the classifieds and it won't upload a photo. The photo is small and withing the requirements. Any ideas why? Thanks.

I like the new classifieds but have a couple of questions.

Is it me or do you have to log in everytime?

Are there no e-mail notifications when someone sends a message?

Can you bump a post?

For the $3 featured ad is it for all your ads or $3 each ad?

Just a few "are these possible and/or in the works?" questions:

- Requirement to list location (not just state)?

- Ability to combine messaging systems? (Apparently, messages sent in the classified area aren't PMs, and vice-versa, so now there are 1. classified messages, 2. personal messages, 3. comments, and 4. emails)

- (if the above is not possible) Ability to be notified via email or PM when you have a message in the classified system? (So you don't have to go to (effectively) two different web sites, and log into them each independently, to know if you have a message.)

Thanks

Just a few "are these possible and/or in the works?" questions:

- Requirement to list location (not just state)?

- Ability to combine messaging systems? (Apparently, messages sent in the classified area aren't PMs, and vice-versa, so now there are 1. classified messages, 2. personal messages, 3. comments, and 4. emails)

- (if the above is not possible) Ability to be notified via email or PM when you have a message in the classified system? (So you don't have to go to (effectively) two different web sites, and log into them each independently, to know if you have a message.)

Thanks

I'll add a location as well to the listing templates.

All messaging now is going through vBulletin so you will get email if you have chosen to do so.

It is a learning curve just like anything new. I did like the older style classifieds better, but that is just me. I definitley don't look at them as often as I used to[sad]. But on the other hand my wife and my wallet is happy![smile]

I'll add a location as well to the listing templates.

All messaging now is going through vBulletin so you will get email if you have chosen to do so.

Is there a way to access the old messages from when the classifieds were fresh? I had 2 "chats" going, but don't remember what users they were with, and would like to PM them. Does not show in the PM box.

Probably wont re-up when the time comes,[sad2] def. liked the old way the classifieds were, dont go on nearly as much anymore[angry2]

So let me get this straight...You don't like the new classifieds. Are not happy with the new system and aren't invested in making them better. So for that, you'll not re-up to NES? You find no other value in this place other than the classifieds? Really? Don't let the door hit you in the ass....[thinking]

When browsing the classifieds, it seems to me that the setup is backwards for the title of each ad. My eyes immediately go to the bold/underlined words reading "Wanting to sell", etc. I think it would be much better to have the 2nd line, the description, be at the top and bold/underlined. And just below that have it say if its for sale/trade/etc. That way it will be much easier to see what gun is actually for sale.

So let me get this straight...You don't like the new classifieds. Are not happy with the new system and aren't invested in making them better. So for that, you'll not re-up to NES? You find no other value in this place other than the classifieds? Really? Don't let the door hit you in the ass....[thinking]

Thats right big guy, you got it straight, alot of other people dont like them either if you read the other 11 pages, the classifieds are a popular place to view!

the classifieds were pretty much the only part of the forum i went to. haven't the time to read through this, but i am sure there must be a reason they switched over to the new system...

How about some way to adjust how many results are on a page? I generally prefer to view everything on a single page... I also agree with a poster above -- I immediately focus on "Want to sell" rather than the actual title or description.

I'm not a fan of the new classifieds either. If a classified post could be perfectly mirrored to the forum, that would be better. Perhaps an RSS feed that showed the full content and images.

I liked using the Mark Forums Read feature to mark classifieds I'd looked at already. Now I can't really do that.

The good news is that the new system is going to save me money!

When browsing the classifieds, it seems to me that the setup is backwards for the title of each ad. My eyes immediately go to the bold/underlined words reading "Wanting to sell", etc. I think it would be much better to have the 2nd line, the description, be at the top and bold/underlined. And just below that have it say if its for sale/trade/etc. That way it will be much easier to see what gun is actually for sale.

I swapped the lines out in the Yard sale category, take a look and let me know if it looks better and I'll do it to all of the categories.

Back
Top Bottom