Classified Section

Is it possible theres been almost no activity in the classifieds recently, or did I do something to my settings. Dealer classifieds seem to have changed but, Handguns Rifles, WTB and Yard Sale all have 4/26 dates

4b435ba1-9c5f-96e7.jpg

Yup, that does suck! I love the new layout but, unfortunately, I stare at multiple monitors all day at work so I avoid my PC at home as much as possible. I'd be happy with even a separate app like Derek mentioned. But, until then, I guess I'll miss out on a lot of the classifieds.

Yeah, I'd be fine with a separate app! Possibly even prefer it.... but... there has to be SOME mobile solution.
Ok guys, I am using my I-pod touch and I can access the classified just fine?
Of course I don't know about I-phone!
Just thought I would let you know, for what it is worth!!!

Ok guys, I am using my I-pod touch and I can access the classified just fine?
Of course I don't know about I-phone!
Just thought I would let you know, for what it is worth!!!

It's not that we can't get to the new classifieds. The problem is that it isn't integrated with the "Tapatalk" forum app that a lot of people use to access the forum with the iPhone and Android phones. Now, I'm sure a lot of people will say "Who gives a shit...open up a browser and get to them that way!" My answer to that is this...The biggest issue with this isn't just that it isn't integrated with Tapatalk. The BIG issue is that it isn't integrated with the FORUM. So, now people have to actively browse the new classifieds which is going to kill them. When the classifieds were integrated with the forum and someone posted an item for sale it would show up under "New Posts". It won't anymore so if your hoping to sell something quick you'd better hope people remember to go check the new classifieds.

Derek, as much as I love the new classifieds layout and features I think they're a bad idea unless they can be seamlessly integrated with the forum. I think over time that, if it stays the way it is, we'll see participation in the classifieds drop a lot.

I wanted to like the new Classifieds as having been a software guy I have an idea of effort but what were the "problems" with the old classifieds and how did this fix it?

As a buyer, I miss all the old good stuff
- dealer and private sellers separated
- I miss responding with questions in public
- why the tabs (information segmentation!), put listing, seller (color-coded) info (with profile links), timestamp on one page
- page is way too busy (just navigation, search, listing - KISS please)
- new entries no longer mirrored in "What's New" (that was great BTW!)
- ease of seeing/checking seller information

Improvements I have noticed with new Classifieds
- Search works much better, but then there is less to search

Something to consider
- for seller, automatic insertion of "legal terms of selling"
- "Home" should be NES Home not NES Classifieds

IMHO, if the old classifieds were rolled back, that would be fine with me.

It's not that we can't get to the new classifieds. The problem is that it isn't integrated with the "Tapatalk" forum app that a lot of people use to access the forum with the iPhone and Android phones. Now, I'm sure a lot of people will say "Who gives a shit...open up a browser and get to them that way!" My answer to that is this...The biggest issue with this isn't just that it isn't integrated with Tapatalk. The BIG issue is that it isn't integrated with the FORUM. So, now people have to actively browse the new classifieds which is going to kill them. When the classifieds were integrated with the forum and someone posted an item for sale it would show up under "New Posts". It won't anymore so if your hoping to sell something quick you'd better hope people remember to go check the new classifieds.

Derek, as much as I love the new classifieds layout and features I think they're a bad idea unless they can be seamlessly integrated with the forum. I think over time that, if it stays the way it is, we'll see participation in the classifieds drop a lot.

OK this I agree.
You have to re-sign in when you click on classified??? This is an unnecessary pain!!!
But it has only been a few days. Lets give them a break..then we will beat up on them???

Remember: CHANGE IS GOOD!!!

My beef is that with the old classifieds people were required to put location. Now they just show what state. So I have to contact the seller to find out where they are to decide if its worth considering their item. (e.g.: I'm not driving to Springfield for a magazine).

My beef is that with the old classifieds people were required to put location. Now they just show what state. So I have to contact the seller to find out where they are to decide if its worth considering their item. (e.g.: I'm not driving to Springfield for a magazine).

Yeah, that was one of the things I mentioned as well.... generally speaking, if something is in boston (you know, anything east of worcester? [smile]) it's $20 more expensive, so I mentally figure that in.

(As a side note, however, I am endlessly amused by the "engrish" in it.. heheh "This listing has not photos.")

Last edited:
OK this I agree.
You have to re-sign in when you click on classified??? This is an unnecessary pain!!!
But it has only been a few days. Lets give them a break..then we will beat up on them???

Remember: CHANGE IS GOOD!!!

The point is the classified section is less integrated with the forum which anyway you look at it = fail.

The BIG issue is that it isn't integrated with the FORUM. So, now people have to actively browse the new classifieds which is going to kill them. When the classifieds were integrated with the forum and someone posted an item for sale it would show up under "New Posts". It won't anymore so if your hoping to sell something quick you'd better hope people remember to go check the new classifieds.

I pointed this out earlier and was pretty much told (by others, NOT by Derek) that since I wouldn't be using it, my thoughts shouldn't count! I buy things when I see something that "floats my boat". I don't have a "must have, I'm on a hunt" list any more.

The last 2-3 days I've been busy, have been on NES extensively but have FORGOTTEN to even login to the Classifieds. Not intentional, but the fact that it doesn't come up in New Posts will really hurt sales from NES, no doubt in my mind . . . and that's not an improvement. If it was still integrated with the forum, it would be fine.

I pointed this out earlier and was pretty much told (by others, NOT by Derek) that since I wouldn't be using it, my thoughts shouldn't count! I buy things when I see something that "floats my boat". I don't have a "must have, I'm on a hunt" list any more.

That's pathetic. If you post something to the classifieds you want every person to see it. The fact a person hasn't used it has nothing to do with it. If you're green, your thoughts and opinion matters.

The last 2-3 days I've been busy, have been on NES extensively but have FORGOTTEN to even login to the Classifieds. Not intentional, but the fact that it doesn't come up in New Posts will really hurt sales from NES, no doubt in my mind . . . and that's not an improvement. If it was still integrated with the forum, it would be fine.

Same here. I've looked at the new classifieds a total of 1 time since they were activated. If they stay the way they are I will only visit them to post something for sale and very rarely (if ever) actually browse for something to buy. In my honest opinion, since the classifieds is a "member benefit" the change should've been voted on by paid members before becoming finalized. I'm sure there are some people (not myself) that paid for a membership for the primary purpose of posting items in the classifieds. If that was me, then I'd be pissed that I spent that money only to have the section changed to a whole new format that limits its exposure to the paid and free members.

The biggest issue for me is tapatak. Before, I would see the classifed ads as unread posts...now I don't see any. Bring back the old classifieds please. Why was this fix made? Souns like a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Same here. I Have "logged" into the new classifed section a couple if times, and it is a complete disaster. Navigating them sucks, the way listing apear sucks compared to when we just did it in the forums. There is a HUGE disconnect regarding information in the listings you are looking for. I don't even look at the clasifieds anymore, and it is REALLY sad because I wanted to list some things for sale, but now it looks like too much of a PITA to list it, and have people see the ad.

I am a "New Posts" clicker as well, and this the the BEST way to see new listings in the classifieds section, both regular and members classifieds. While I am sure this new classified section had good intentions, and I am a fan of change when it IMPORVES something, the fact is, this change was a mistake, there is no point is "fixing" something if it ain't broken, (and furthermore, worked GREAT prior to the change).

Even though it looks new and pretty, this was a step backward IMO. [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom