Classified Section

I knew somthing was wrong. As others have said I wish you could see feedback easier and the fact that you can't see the seller easier makes it more difficult.

I have gotten to the point where I know certain sellers and look for thier posts. As far as location, I also know where many are from and know I will not travel that far for any deal.

Oh well, I was going to put a couple guns up for sale to fund somthing else. I guess I'll see how it works from a sellers point of view.

The biggest issue for me is tapatak. Before, I would+1 see the classifed ads as unread posts...now I don't see any. Bring back the old classifieds please. Why was this fix made? Souns like a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not a fan of the new classifieds. It was fine the way it was. Not to sure why the need to fix it if wasnt broken as a previous member had stated. I too say bring back the old classified.

Same here. I've looked at the new classifieds a total of 1 time since they were activated. If they stay the way they are I will only visit them to post something for sale and very rarely (if ever) actually browse for something to buy. In my honest opinion, since the classifieds is a "member benefit" the change should've been voted on by paid members before becoming finalized. I'm sure there are some people (not myself) that paid for a membership for the primary purpose of posting items in the classifieds. If that was me, then I'd be pissed that I spent that money only to have the section changed to a whole new format that limits its exposure to the paid and free members.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even know they had moved - but while I did occasionally browse and buy off the old classifieds, I probably will not bother with the new one.

Well I just found out that if you log into the classified you can hit forum bar and go back and forth, but if you log on to the forum you cannot access the classified.
Also the bar for my listings takes you to your listings, but you cannot find out if anyone is looking. You have to go to the item area and you can then see how many have looked???
Oh well It is only in its beginning stages.
Impossible to think of everything at first. I am giving a chance to!!!IMPROVE !!!

Well I just found out that if you log into the classified you can hit forum bar and go back and forth, but if you log on to the forum you cannot access the classified.

At the top of the forum bar all the way to the right is a tab marked Classifieds. You can toggle between the two, just not between individual posts.

the new classifieds are ok..... I like them better that I found out that by clicking on the "type of ad" button it will sort by date listed..... It was driving me CRAZY before.

At the top of the forum bar all the way to the right is a tab marked Classifieds. You can toggle between the two, just not between individual posts.

Not on my computer??
I log into NES as I always do..then click the classified right tab and it makes me sign in again???
But as I said..log in to classified I can go to NES forum & switch back and forth.

OH well this too will pass!!!

Not on my computer??
I log into NES as I always do..then click the classified right tab and it makes me sign in again???
But as I said..log in to classified I can go to NES forum & switch back and forth.

OH well this too will pass!!!

I should clarify a bit. On the left side of the screen at the top, right under the NES logo, there should be five tabs marked HOME, FORUM, BLOGS, What's New?, CLASSIFIEDS. If you click on Classifieds, you will go to the new site. If you right click on Classifieds, it gives you the option to open the new site in a new tab. That way you can just jump from the Classifieds to the Forum and back.

Once I figured out that you had to log in to the Classifieds site separately and did that, the site looked a lot better to me. It takes a bit to figure out how to navigate around, but once you do the set up is pretty good. I think that this might be prep for an expansion of the classifieds section which would be a good thing. Remember that when the forum went to the newest version of the software we all hated it. Does anyone even remember what the old version looked like? It will be the same with the classifieds. A month from now everyone will wonder what the fuss was all about.

I

I should clarify a bit. On the left side of the screen at the top, right under the NES logo, there should be five tabs marked HOME, FORUM, BLOGS, What's New?, CLASSIFIEDS. If you click on Classifieds, you will go to the new site. If you right click on Classifieds, it gives you the option to open the new site in a new tab. That way you can just jump from the Classifieds to the Forum and back.

Once I figured out that you had to log in to the Classifieds site separately and did that, the site looked a lot better to me. It takes a bit to figure out how to navigate around, but once you do the set up is pretty good. I think that this might be prep for an expansion of the classifieds section which would be a good thing. Remember that when the forum went to the newest version of the software we all hated it. Does anyone even remember what the old version looked like? It will be the same with the classifieds. A month from now everyone will wonder what the fuss was all about.

I

This. Give it some time to grow on you. There's a few more tweaks that may be needed. Keep the crying down, and the constructive criticism coming.

This. Give it some time to grow on you. There's a few more tweaks that may be needed. Keep the crying down, and the constructive criticism coming.

Yeah, I don't think it'd even be an issue if it could be used mobile (via an app, not browser)....
That's the main complaint so far, it would seem.

I'm not a big fan of the new classifieds. I liked being able to see just dealers from private sale's, and also what area in the state the private seller's were. There is no sense in bothering the seller if the location is not convenient to the buyer. Like someone has already stated why fix it if it is not broken.

You've made my wife a VERY happy woman......the new format isn't worth warming up to. This will save me a lot of money.

Oh well.

Not a fan of the new classifieds either. I'm sure it took a lot of hard work, and it looks and works killer, but i loved it the way it used to be.
Glad I am GREEN so i can use the member classifieds. [smile]

Not a fan of the daughter-site, sorry. I liked the previous section - how it was integrated, well organized, and categorized. Quick and and easy to find data with many items per page.

The new categories, sub-categories, and sub-sub tabs of the navigation tree make critical information ten times the work for what was a simple glance at one listing.

I agree with one of the previous posters. Its nice to click and see who has what for sale, I used to check the classsifieds every time I went online. Since the change I looked to see what it was about, Hated it, Checked it a second time. Still hated it and havent been back since

also not a fan, I used to check the classifieds multiple times a day from my PC or mostly tapatalk, today was the 1st time I bothered. I'm sure it took hard work, but like lord said, if it ain't broke....

Not a big fan of the new classifieds..... i like it the old way always will i takes to much time going through these hoops i like clicking on new posts and seeing everything new not going to some other site everyday to check and see whats for sale...

New classifieds = fail. Sorry guys. Nice try and I know you were trying to improve it, but it really took it a few steps back.

This.

As a user of the Classifieds section of this site, with many transactions done via our classifieds section:

I really love and appreciate all the hard work and improvements Derek and the team do to this site, but this was a bad move. Some things work, some don't. No biggie. Live and learn. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom