classified ad

No need to do that (reply to yourself) anymore. There's a 'button' to click to bump the add. IIRC it's to the top right of your ad.

If you need to bump more than once the market is telling you something about your price.
Wrong

I had my M&P .40 for sale here for a long time and got no bites for a good price of $500. So I took it to Gun Parlor and got $400 for it.

They sold it to some fu cking sucker for $700 in 24 hours.

The classifieds here are limited penetration with ma gun owners

Last edited:
Right!

So what you’re saying is, you would have rather taken $400 from those cuck statists at the man bun parlor than sell it to someone here for $400?

Please ‘splain why you didn’t just drop your price here, and also why you blame NES for your failure to realize your shortcomings as a purveyor of goods?

Right!

So what you’re saying is, you would have rather taken $400 from those cuck statists at the man bun parlor than sell it to someone here for $400?

Please ‘splain why you didn’t just drop your price here, and also why you blame NES for your failure to realize your shortcomings as a purveyor of goods?
Little more complicated then that. I was out of personal transfers so would have had to use a dealer anyway and I needed to fund another project prior to 1/20/21.

My point is this classifieds isn't a good litmus test of fair market pricing.

Wrong

I had my M&P 9mm for sale here for a long time and got no bites for a good price of $500. So I took it to Gun Parlor and got $400 for it.

Actually, this is an example of "right", not "wrong".

The market told you $500 was above the going rate for the NES audience.
True. It is a litmus test of the market price when selling to NES members.

I can tell that it’s not worth arguing my point with you, but for anyone else that’s reading and thinking of selling here...

If you had dropped your price here by $50 and offered to pay for the transfer at an FFL, you would still have made out by $25 over what you did, and you wouldn’t have played part in supporting a shop that sold out the firearms community in Massachusetts on the local news.

I have nothing against what you did...you had a timeline. I get it. But blaming the classifieds for what you’re not seeing somehow is the actual issue, just doesn’t strike me as fair.

Selling on NES as opposed to shop consignment is like FSBO on a house. You are likely to get a lower net price, and both sides of the transaction have the goal to keep the money saved on the sales commission on their side of the table.

First thing a FSBO seller thinks - "I'll save myself the commission"
First thing a FSBO buyer thinks - "No commission, I'll get a better price".

Wrong

I had my M&P .40 for sale here for a long time and got no bites for a good price of $500. So I took it to Gun Parlor and got $400 for it.

Be glad you got $400 for a M&P 40. $500 was not a good price for that gun. People here are just more aware of true value.

I had my M&P .40 for sale here for a long time and got no bites for a good price of $500.
Did it come with a bunch of accessories, upgrades or magazines? Not trying to be a smart ass, but you can buy a brand new one at Four Seasons for $499.
And how do you know they actually sold it for $700? Did they just tell you that or do you know the guy that bought it?

Kindly (gently?) GFY

I’m not angry, but morons put a real hair across my ass.

Ok 76Too. Tell the nice police officer exactly on the doll where Lxpony touched you...

Attachments

• 20201126_183937.jpg
    20201126_183937.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm with @Lxpony. I've listed some 40 caliber stuff here that didn't sell after a couple of bumps. I thought the price was good for the market. Couple of low balls, figures it's NES. After a few weeks I brought it to FS. They set the price. I got >$100 I'm my pocket than I was looking for here.

I've talked to people at my range. They buy stuff from FS and have no idea about NES. The market here just isn't that big.

Retail is not the same as private sale market. Two entirely different ballgames. Some stuff levels out (eg, ammo) guns, not so much. There are people buying guns at
retail that you would never see in 1000 years on Armslist or NES.

I'm with @Lxpony. I've listed some 40 caliber stuff here that didn't sell after a couple of bumps. I thought the price was good for the market. Couple of low balls, figures it's NES. After a few weeks I brought it to FS. They set the price. I got >$100 I'm my pocket than I was looking for here.

I've talked to people at my range. They buy stuff from FS and have no idea about NES. The market here just isn't that big.
And none of you ever heard of the gunbroker? Daaamn.

Gun parlor is a shop. Classifieds is a private market. A lot of people do not want to deal with private sellers, ever.

Also, m&p .40? .40? Huh?

gotta agree with some of the thoughts. a lot of nes members know what a gun is worth. and won't overpay.

hell, sig 365's when available, are going for $650 ish. i've had mild/moderate interest in the 365 over the years it's been out, but would never pay that much.

1st time buyer in a gun shop would snap that up in a second, and pay $25-30 for a box of ammo (some brand i've never heard of)

They buy stuff from FS and have no idea about NES. The market here just isn't that big.

I think you're probably right.

All things considered, I'd still rather sell to an NES member in most cases. Even if it means taking a little haircut on the price; I get a lot of knowledge out of this place, and if I can give any of you jerks a FAIR price on a firearm, that's just good karma.

Back
Top Bottom