*Classified Ad Rules*

JonJ

NES Member
They're really not that hard to read and follow. If you intend to post anything in the classifieds including a reply to an ad, READ THE RULES.
It's just as easy to delete a whole thread as it is a single post[wink]
Thanks.

Jon, I'm going to go and re-read them now. I know I'm one of the offenders. In my rush to help some new people with answers, I sometimes post a comment having nothing to do with the ad. I've started using PM's this week, but I still slip sometimes and throw out advice instead of "I'll take it" in the classifieds.

I don't mean to break the rules, I just sometimes forget what thread I'm in, and I have to retrain myself. We curmudgeons do that sometimes. I'll try harder.

Jon, I'm going to go and re-read them now. I know I'm one of the offenders. In my rush to help some new people with answers, I sometimes post a comment having nothing to do with the ad. I've started using PM's this week, but I still slip sometimes and throw out advice instead of "I'll take it" in the classifieds.

I don't mean to break the rules, I just sometimes forget what thread I'm in, and I have to retrain myself. We curmudgeons do that sometimes. I'll try harder.
There's no problem with getting the poster to clarify things or a member posting something helpful. We run into problems with comments and OT crap. Sometimes there is really good info added to the threads but once the item is sold, the ad gets deleted along with the good stuff.

To those who will actually read this, if you post something in the classifieds and it disappears, it was deleted. Read the rules to find out why.

Worthy of a bump as some just don't get it.
And here's a clue, if you post something whether it's a new post, reply to a post or bump and it disappears, read the rules.

Last edited:
Rules?

They're really not that hard to read and follow. If you intend to post anything in the classifieds including a reply to an ad, READ THE RULES.
It's just as easy to delete a whole thread as it is a single post[wink]
Thanks.
I looked in the classified section and I don`t see a link for "rules". Could you tell me where they are?

To the powers that be:

Why don't you make up a standard template for all new posts to the clasified?

That way when someone starts a new post the template opens up and they fill in standard info such as model, description, location, payment terms, FTF, FFL. price and price changes, date sold etc. and then they can add their comments and picture underneath it.
You can even make some of the fields required.

Your classified ad or post been deleted? READ THE RULES
Get a Warning or Infraction? READ THE RULES

Seriously, they aren't that hard to follow. There are "Stickies" at the top of every forum. If you have a question, ask a Mod.

To the powers that be:

Why don't you make up a standard template for all new posts to the clasified?

That way when someone starts a new post the template opens up and they fill in standard info such as model, description, location, payment terms, FTF, FFL. price and price changes, date sold etc. and then they can add their comments and picture underneath it.
You can even make some of the fields required.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13890
[rolleyes]

Yup, I know. It is getting old.[thinking]

Believe it or not, even after bumping this thread yet again this morning, I just deleted bumps that were less than 7 days.

iftherewasanemoticonbyaugestqx6.gif

Here's another hint: If your bump disappeared, it's because you can't count and it was deleted.

READ THE RULES

Last edited:

Being able to copy/paste would be nice,just open that thread up and say to sell something this MUST BE copy/pasted or your ad will be deleted.

If you guys are so frustrated,make it easier to place an ad by having a template like I suggested above,and also enforce the rules much strictlier.---Ya,I just made that word up,watcha gonna do about it ? [smile]

But,when i follow the rules in my ads and some Mod(same one every time I think) deletes my ad when it is only marked SPF,it gets really frustrating.SPF does not mean sold,yet it seems my SPF ads are deleted 5 minutes after I edit it.Then I have to go back and redo the f'n ad (buyer changed mind or whatever)because a Mod didn't know the rules.So,I just don't mark my ads SPF anymore,but I still have to field countless IM's until the item is actually sold.

Although I have to say you guys bring all the frustration yourselves.Why is EVERY SINGLE MOD modding EVERY SINGLE forum ? Every Mod should have their own forum to moderate.the rules will then be more even balanced and less up to the interpretation of whatever Mod just happens to pass by.This is the only forum I know of that EVERY SINGLE MOD is a global Mod [thinking]

You guys are frustrated,but it's an easy fix.The system in place now worked great for 100 members,but right now Moderation is chaos.

Last edited:
There is a template posted, just no one reads the rules before they post. I don't delete the SPF ones, I wait until it says sold to delete ad. Alot of the ones that violate the rules for posting are newbies who should be reading those sticky's gefore they post an ad.

Although I have to say you guys bring all the frustration yourselves.Why is EVERY SINGLE MOD modding EVERY SINGLE forum ? Every Mod should have their own forum to moderate.

What if the "Classifieds" and "Guns Laws" mods are out of town?

The rules are pretty f-ing simple. They're written at a 4th grade level, there's examples in there and everything. If people are too lazy to read the rules, they won't use a template either.

Maybe we should just start deleting ads again.

The rules are pretty f-ing simple. They're written at a 4th grade level, there's examples in there and everything. If people are too lazy to read the rules, they won't use a template either.

2 Mods for each forum[wink]

If it would make your job easier,delete the f*** out of them.With a little bit of latitude given to NES Members of course.Stricter enforcement for people that are benefiting off the site without contributing,even limit the ad run time to 7 days if that makes it any easier.If you become nazi moderators in the WTS forums,people will eventually comply..Hell,look at SubGuns and that's one dude moderating.

I agree that if people didn't read the rules,they also wouldn't use the templates.I wanted a template because it would make it easier for ME to place an add.[smile]

Good luck,and may the force be with you.

Last edited:

I agree on the just start deleting ads, then maybe, just maybe they will actually take the time to figure out what they did wrong.
In the regular yard sale I at least have to post a reminder to an ad every day and it does get old.[thinking]

I agree on the just start deleting ads, then maybe, just maybe they will actually take the time to figure out what they did wrong.
In the regular yard sale I at least have to post a reminder to an ad every day and it does get old.[thinking]

I've been deleting ads regularly now for about a month with no warning. It's easier for me to just delete. Some eventually catch on but others are beyond help. The greatest offenders are those that do not contribute to the forum. Not just monetarily but as a whole. Just here to buy and sell.

Back
Top Bottom