1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Classic Firearms in an Absolute Shit Show

Discussion in 'Mil Surp Collectors' started by EddieCoyle, Jan 9, 2019.

1. 40 caliber

40 caliber NES Member

Yup. Did business there before Ben. I liked what I got and the price paid

2. majspud

majspud NES Life Member NES Member

Used to get ammo from them until they stopped that too.

t

3. jbert27

jbert27 NES Member

Thank you!!!

4. AHM

AHM NES Member

Can't Mass. AG Marsha Healey force them to sign some kind of consumer protection consent decree
    where they promise to honor rain checks for all sale items?

Jason Flare likes this.
  5. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

I am actually shocked the price these things are pulling. What's the special sauce? People whine and bitch about prices, but these used to be dirt cheap kits and the gun itself isn't great or famous or superdesirable. Paying $800 is kind of nuts.

6. Freddy B

Freddy B NES Member

In many places, but not all. Just got some great customer service from TS USA, for instance. Waived shipping on a replacement order when they didn't have something in stock I ordered as part of a previous order. Sympathetic human being answered the phone and took good care of me.

fencer and mu2bdriver like this.
  7. richc

richc NES Member

Completely agree. I've received amazing customer support regularly from Costco and LL Bean. And I'm a customer of TS USA as well and appreciate their efforts.

And I believe Amazon.com has jumped the shark in customer service. Now that they've grown so big they've started instituting policies that are down right contrary to customer service.

8. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

I think its because some folks have figured out they CAN actually use tool and make stuff.

9. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

You'd think companies that crap on their customers would be more accountable in the internet age, but oufits like Classic really don't give a rip. The out of stock / oh back in stock for 30% more stunt is highly unethical but seems to be their MO as much as grossly overstating condition is their MO. You mention Amazon- their in house delivery service is horrible based on my multiple bad experiences. Just try to find a way to contact someone regarding a package that was delivered to the wrong address. Another one of their f-ups was when I ordered a Christmas present way in advance yet they bungled the delivery at many points and didn't deliver until the last minute. As much as I liked the convenience of Amazon, I'll never trust them to deliver against a critical date. Also I am seeing more and more complaints of counterfeit items.