• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classic Firearms in an Absolute Shit Show

Against my better judgement, and in spite of their shady past dealings, I placed an order with this clownshoes company yesterday for a pistol that I planned to turn into an SBR.

After getting the order confirmation AND an email saying it was about to ship AND an email to my FFL account saying that a transfer was on the way, I went to another vendor and ordered some parts (a stock, a .380 barrel, a forward grip, some extra magazines, etc) to the tune of another $250.

As soon as I get the order confirmation from Vendor #2, this steaming turd from Classic shows up in my inbox:

shitshow1.jpg

Here's the translation:

"Wow, those things sold out WAY faster than we expected, so here's what we're going to do. We cancelled your original order, and if you really want the gun you ordered, you're going to have to pay us an extra $500. OK? Good. F-You."

I contacted Vendor #2 and they immediately cancelled the parts order with no questions asked.

If any of you ever see or hear of me placing an order with Classic Firearms again, please feel free to nail me in the bean bag with a stun gun.
Thank you!!!

I am actually shocked the price these things are pulling. What's the special sauce? People whine and bitch about prices, but these used to be dirt cheap kits and the gun itself isn't great or famous or superdesirable. Paying $800 is kind of nuts.

Customer service is a lost art.

In many places, but not all. Just got some great customer service from TS USA, for instance. Waived shipping on a replacement order when they didn't have something in stock I ordered as part of a previous order. Sympathetic human being answered the phone and took good care of me.

Completely agree. I've received amazing customer support regularly from Costco and LL Bean. And I'm a customer of TS USA as well and appreciate their efforts.

And I believe Amazon.com has jumped the shark in customer service. Now that they've grown so big they've started instituting policies that are down right contrary to customer service.

In many places, but not all. Just got some great customer service from TS USA, for instance. Waived shipping on a replacement order when they didn't have something in stock I ordered as part of a previous order. Sympathetic human being answered the phone and took good care of me.

I am actually shocked the price these things are pulling. What's the special sauce? People whine and bitch about prices, but these used to be dirt cheap kits and the gun itself isn't great or famous or superdesirable. Paying $800 is kind of nuts.
I think its because some folks have figured out they CAN actually use tool and make stuff.

Completely agree. I've received amazing customer support regularly from Costco and LL Bean. And I'm a customer of TS USA as well and appreciate their efforts.

And I believe Amazon.com has jumped the shark in customer service. Now that they've grown so big they've started instituting policies that are down right contrary to customer service.

You'd think companies that crap on their customers would be more accountable in the internet age, but oufits like Classic really don't give a rip. The out of stock / oh back in stock for 30% more stunt is highly unethical but seems to be their MO as much as grossly overstating condition is their MO. You mention Amazon- their in house delivery service is horrible based on my multiple bad experiences. Just try to find a way to contact someone regarding a package that was delivered to the wrong address. Another one of their f-ups was when I ordered a Christmas present way in advance yet they bungled the delivery at many points and didn't deliver until the last minute. As much as I liked the convenience of Amazon, I'll never trust them to deliver against a critical date. Also I am seeing more and more complaints of counterfeit items.

Back
Top Bottom