Classic Firearms in an Absolute Shit Show

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Against my better judgement, and in spite of their shady past dealings, I placed an order with this clownshoes company yesterday for a pistol that I planned to turn into an SBR.

After getting the order confirmation AND an email saying it was about to ship AND an email to my FFL account saying that a transfer was on the way, I went to another vendor and ordered some parts (a stock, a .380 barrel, a forward grip, some extra magazines, etc) to the tune of another $250.

As soon as I get the order confirmation from Vendor #2, this steaming turd from Classic shows up in my inbox:

shitshow1.jpg

Here's the translation:

"Wow, those things sold out WAY faster than we expected, so here's what we're going to do. We cancelled your original order, and if you really want the gun you ordered, you're going to have to pay us an extra $500. OK? Good. F-You."

I contacted Vendor #2 and they immediately cancelled the parts order with no questions asked.

If any of you ever see or hear of me placing an order with Classic Firearms again, please feel free to nail me in the bean bag with a stun gun.

Last edited:
Perhaps you were intending to black out your name, address & phone number as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic Firearms is dead to me...

Oh, wait, I never ordered anything from them, but clearly won't now.

Customer service is a lost art.

I have heard of people having issues with them but I never have. I used to like the days when they would ship a 4 pack of preban AK mags in a pouch to me in MA, and cheap too, about $40 as I recall. That was only about 3 or 4 years ago.

Sold fast but for 500 extra ..Yea no thanks. Ordered 2 C&R rifles from them with no issue. Thats my only experience with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of people having issues with them but I never have. I used to like the days when they would ship a 4 pack of preban AK mags in a pouch to me in MA, and cheap too, about $40 as I recall. That was only about 3 or 4 years ago.
that had to be back before Mr. Sales man bought the place from John. LuckyGunner did the same to Wideners.
Both classic and wideners where in the top 5 of great venders to deal with . Ohio gun was another so thats 3/5 gone and have yet to replace them. Im down to 2 places and anything C&R is completely random now.

Wow. They ain't going to be around much longer (rightfully so) with shady BS like that. Unbelievable.

Wow. They ain't going to be around much longer (rightfully so) with shady BS like that. Unbelievable.
Not sure about that, their $700 Lee Enfields sell out quite quickly, and their auctions for run of the mill K31s and 7.65 Lugers and the like routinely fetch $1k+. I think there's plenty of people that buy the "these are the nicest we've ever seen" lines, and/or are too lazy/unknowing to do a little digging on their own.

Not sure about that, their $700 Lee Enfields sell out quite quickly, and their auctions for run of the mill K31s and 7.65 Lugers and the like routinely fetch $1k+. I think there's plenty of people that buy the "these are the nicest we've ever seen" lines, and/or are too lazy/unknowing to do a little digging on their own.
Wow

That's beyond depressing, but then again their ongoing track record and the drama I've seen around JRA is what has kept me away from getting a BM-59 reproduction.
Never gonna do business with them at that though. Shame they treat you and other customers as such.

BS with CF has been going on since Sweaty Ben took over. :(.

I don't fault the guy for trying to make a buck, but DAMN if he doesn't do it by sticking it to customers regularly. I've been thru. . . . 3(?) other owners of CF. Never had an issue. Great folks.

Back
Top Bottom