Classic Firearms Finally Burns Me

Contest the charge with your credit card company.

They misrepresented what they were selling.

When they sent me a rusted out piece of crap that was nothing like the description, I asked them if they wanted to refund my money and pay for return shipping, or if it would be easier if I took it up with MasterCard.

They sent me a shipping label and refunded my money.

Screw them.

If you paid by CC, this is the way to go. Most card companies give you 90 days to file a dispute.

If you paid by CC, this is the way to go. Most card companies give you 90 days to file a dispute.

( Another reason I use PayPal WHEN I CAN. I've won all my disputes there, only a few from E Bay, but never lost one. )

( Another reason I use PayPal WHEN I CAN. I've won all my disputes there, only a few from E Bay, but never lost one. )
PayPal has rules where you cannot use it for gun or ammo purchases.

Also, Classic Firearms has a lot of bad reviews. They took $1100 from me for a gun they did not have. It took ten days to get my money back and no coupon or discount offer for their mistake. It tied up my credit At a time where you have to act quickly to get the gun that is available.

And there's this:

No exchanges/returns will be accepted for cosmetic issues once the firearm(s) has been transferred to you by your FLL (dealer). ALWAYS inspect your firearm(s) PRIOR to accepting the transfer from your dealer.

That's a bit tricky when it's a C&R gun and you're an FFL03.

But it worked for me, they took it back and gave me a refund.

Night sights that are dead mean they're either very old sights or were junk. That said, Classic isn't saying that they glow in the dark, just that they're night sights.
So that's what happened to Kelli Filkins - she runs their marketing department :oops:

BOAT = (B)reak (O)ut (A)nother (T)housand. I suspect a boat buck is $1000.
Also known as AMU - (A)viation (M)onetary (U)nit.

Wow. Then I've touched a 1.2mil AMU airplane before. COOL!

he could always consign it with cooler.

Did you see who said that?? And what was JUST BELOW HIS "JUST OVERCHARGE ON TEH XC" COMMENT???? Hello, Kettle? It's Reptile. You're covered in soot! [rofl] [rofl]

And there's this:

No exchanges/returns will be accepted for cosmetic issues once the firearm(s) has been transferred to you by your FLL (dealer). ALWAYS inspect your firearm(s) PRIOR to accepting the transfer from your dealer.

This does NOT absolve them from misrepresenting the product they sold. A dead night sight is certainly not cosmetic for one thing.

4nuaq1.jpg

P. S. But condolences to OP for getting scammed. [angry]
I hope you try it out and it runs OK for you.

This does NOT absolve them from misrepresenting the product they sold. A dead night sight is certainly not cosmetic for one thing.
That's really the best thing to cite in a dispute. The multiple serial numbers, there's nothing in the listing that says you will or will not get a pistol with parts that are all the same #, but sights that are advertised as night sights should glow in the dark if the condition of the pistol, and thus the sights, is advertised as new.

So, I buy one of the Turkish Zigana PX-9 9mm Pistols from Classic Firearms. Looked like a pretty good deal for $299. When I pick it up from my FFL, was I in for a surprise. Turns out the Pistol has multiple Serial Numbers. Different on the Frame, the Barrel, and the Slide. Also, the Tritium Sights are completely dead. In fact, there is no color whatsoever (all black sights). So I contact Classic. They say, oh, we just get these from SDS Imports, and resell them. You'll have to call them. So I call SDS, and they say, "These are a closeout model, and nothing is warrantied. Also, yours must be a parts gun, using whatever parts were needed to make it work. It is what it is". So I contact Classic again, and tell them what SDS said. I ask why they were advertising and selling closeout parts guns as NEW? NO reply. And they refused to post my review of this pistol, even though negative, every word was true. I am now stuck with a gun I'll never be able to get rid of. Might as well of lit my $299 on fire. Took a few purchases, but they finally got me. Needless to say, I won't be going back.
are you sure they are used parts ? they could all be new parts. The serial number that matters is on the frame , the other numbers are just part numbers at this point.
the no night sights is mis leading.....sweaty ben is the dumpster diver of junk importers..... old yankee scrounger looks good compared to some of the stuff Ben peddles.

are you sure they are used parts ? they could all be new parts. The serial number that matters is on the frame , the other
Many makes of European guns have serial numbers on the barrel and/or slide, and it is always (or almost always) in a matching set with the frame when the gun is made. The "gun is the frame" is a concept in US federal law, but these other parts (at least the barrel in one case) can be regulated as strictly as frames in the US.

I have not heard of a manufacturer grabbing mismatched parts as part of the normal manufacturing process, though it is possible for old new stock to be assembled into "new guns".

In the case of Glock, any slide or barrel that has a single non-digit character prefix was manufactured as a replacement part and not part of a gun. A part with more than one non-digit in the prefix was made for a complete gun.

So, I buy one of the Turkish Zigana PX-9 9mm Pistols from Classic Firearms. Looked like a pretty good deal for $299. When I pick it up from my FFL, was I in for a surprise. Turns out the Pistol has multiple Serial Numbers. Different on the Frame, the Barrel, and the Slide. Also, the Tritium Sights are completely dead. In fact, there is no color whatsoever (all black sights). So I contact Classic. They say, oh, we just get these from SDS Imports, and resell them. You'll have to call them. So I call SDS, and they say, "These are a closeout model, and nothing is warrantied. Also, yours must be a parts gun, using whatever parts were needed to make it work. It is what it is". So I contact Classic again, and tell them what SDS said. I ask why they were advertising and selling closeout parts guns as NEW? NO reply. And they refused to post my review of this pistol, even though negative, every word was true. I am now stuck with a gun I'll never be able to get rid of. Might as well of lit my $299 on fire. Took a few purchases, but they finally got me. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

Call them again and ask them if they want to send you a refund and a shipping label to send it back or if they would prefer dealing with your credit card company after you do a chargeback because they misrepresented what they were selling. f*** that noise.

Everyone knows you only buy a Zigana if it has the giggle switch. OP will learn.

Sounds like typical Classic MO. Description not completely wrong and might be difficult to dispute, but it is most definitely misleading. They are professional shysters operating well into the gray but always just shy of black.

Back
Top Bottom