Classic Firearms Finally Burns Me

So, I buy one of the Turkish Zigana PX-9 9mm Pistols from Classic Firearms. Looked like a pretty good deal for $299. When I pick it up from my FFL, was I in for a surprise. Turns out the Pistol has multiple Serial Numbers. Different on the Frame, the Barrel, and the Slide. Also, the Tritium Sights are completely dead. In fact, there is no color whatsoever (all black sights). So I contact Classic. They say, oh, we just get these from SDS Imports, and resell them. You'll have to call them. So I call SDS, and they say, "These are a closeout model, and nothing is warrantied. Also, yours must be a parts gun, using whatever parts were needed to make it work. It is what it is". So I contact Classic again, and tell them what SDS said. I ask why they were advertising and selling closeout parts guns as NEW? NO reply. And they refused to post my review of this pistol, even though negative, every word was true. I am now stuck with a gun I'll never be able to get rid of. Might as well of lit my $299 on fire. Took a few purchases, but they finally got me. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

Yep, that's shitastic classic for you. Ran a group buy for 4 crates of SKS. Their "hand selected" option at $20 premium resulted in absolute garbage quality rifles. Would never do business with them again.

Sorry to hear, could also mean that things are getting so crazy out there or there’s such limited stock on anything, that people or companies will start using that to sell shit guns at a premium with no return.

In a bit of humor for you, you could always post it up in the classifeds, I think there’s a need for a new florbert parlor rifle type place keeper for the next several years. Could make you a legend around here.

Sorry to hear, could also mean that things are getting so crazy out there or there’s such limited stock on anything, that people or companies will start using that to sell shit guns at a premium with no return.

In a bit of humor for you, you could always post it up in the classifeds, I think there’s a need for a new florbert parlor rifle type place keeper for the next several years. Could make you a legend around here.
Or maybe unde

Also still have 6 days to get
into the gun gallery for "November's new acquisitions "

Sounds like it was clearly misrepresented and defective. File a dispute with your credit card company and make them take it back. Don't just suck it up, that's 2 different grounds for doing a chargeback.

So, I buy one of the Turkish Zigana PX-9 9mm Pistols from Classic Firearms. Looked like a pretty good deal for $299. When I pick it up from my FFL, was I in for a surprise. Turns out the Pistol has multiple Serial Numbers. Different on the Frame, the Barrel, and the Slide. Also, the Tritium Sights are completely dead. In fact, there is no color whatsoever (all black sights). So I contact Classic. They say, oh, we just get these from SDS Imports, and resell them. You'll have to call them. So I call SDS, and they say, "These are a closeout model, and nothing is warrantied. Also, yours must be a parts gun, using whatever parts were needed to make it work. It is what it is". So I contact Classic again, and tell them what SDS said. I ask why they were advertising and selling closeout parts guns as NEW? NO reply. And they refused to post my review of this pistol, even though negative, every word was true. I am now stuck with a gun I'll never be able to get rid of. Might as well of lit my $299 on fire. Took a few purchases, but they finally got me. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

Contest the charge with your credit card company.

They misrepresented what they were selling.

When they sent me a rusted out piece of crap that was nothing like the description, I asked them if they wanted to refund my money and pay for return shipping, or if it would be easier if I took it up with MasterCard.

They sent me a shipping label and refunded my money.

Screw them.

lesson learned. Chalk it up to experience and shoot your Zigana to death.
So I am thinking this might be your best course of action. You can probably get your cc company to refund the price, but if they dispute it you might lose. Technically, its not used if all the components were new. IANAL and maybe I am wrong. Also, pretty sure the gun comes with both night sights and all black sights, and the night sights are a little more $$$.
wait, does it function?
This. Yeah it sucks that it is a parts gun, and I would damn sure make a stink about it, but wouldn't put a ton of energy into it. Besides, you might be surprised and the thing runs like a champ. I bought a cheap Remington R1 Talo edition, with the match barrel, years ago, and the thing shoots as good as 1911's I have that were 3x the price.

Is it a collector gun? ... if NO, serials don't matter. All thst matters is that it works.

I Googled the gun, looks like a fairly recent gun, you can find sights online.

Just shoot it and enjoy it. I am sure you got it cheap, maybe it was one of those "too cheap to be true" deals.

I get your anger, but just go out and shoot the thing.

Did you actually buy the night sights model? There are two listings, both of which mention tritium sights, but one of the two rather explicitly says “THIS IS THE ONE WITH THE NIGHT SIGHTS”

Also, considering that only the frame is required to be serialized, is it possible that NONE of the guns match? That each component is serialized independently?

ETA: at the end of the day, you paid $300 for a Turkish clone of a Croat pistol...does it fire? Do the bullets come out headed in the general direction you expect them to?

Night sights that are dead mean they're either very old sights or were junk. That said, Classic isn't saying that they glow in the dark, just that they're night sights.

I think you should focus on them selling these in "new" condition when clearly they're not. Unless Tisas regularly ships guns that have parts using different serial numbers, it's not new. I don't think SDS has done anything wrong, they sold the guns to Classic who then weren't up front as to the true condition of what you received.

I got a less than stellar Zastava .32 from AIM last year and while I wasn't happy with the scratches and bent barrel bushing, I really had no grounds to complain, I knew it was a surplus gun and got what I got.

You bought a new gun that has defective night sights out of the box and SDS told you that it's a parts gun that's slapped together. That's enough of a reason to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Did you actually buy the night sights model? There are two listings, both of which mention tritium sights, but one of the two rather explicitly says “THIS IS THE ONE WITH THE NIGHT SIGHTS”

Also, considering that only the frame is required to be serialized, is it possible that NONE of the guns match? That each component is serialized independently?

ETA: at the end of the day, you paid $300 for a Turkish clone of a Croat pistol...does it fire? Do the bullets come out headed in the general direction you expect them to?
Both models use a front night sight, but only one model has a rear tritium sight, the other has a non tritium rear. Either way, as long as his front sight isn't Tritium or is, but isn't visible in the dark, it's a defective product being sold as new.

Like, if you went in and bought a gun that said it had adjustable sights and a picture of President Trump on the side, but instead got fixed sights and Joe Biden, you wouldn't be happy that you bought something that wasn't as advertised, would you?

Back
Top Bottom