Classic Firearms Finally Burns Me

Sounds like typical Classic MO. Description not completely wrong and might be difficult to dispute, but it is most definitely misleading. They are professional shysters operating well into the gray but always just shy of black.
I should be thankful that their shit internet checkout sucks because I was going to get an SKS last year for $300 and wanted to ship it to an FFL they don't have on file and to get it sent to the one I wanted required a phone call and I was 20th in line, so I said screw this and never ordered.

After the scratch and dent Zastava I got from AIM, I decided these online surplus retailers are all trash and I'm better off buying on Gunbroker so I can see exactly what I'm getting.

I should be thankful that their shit internet checkout sucks because I was going to get an SKS last year for $300 and wanted to ship it to an FFL they don't have on file and to get it sent to the one I wanted required a phone call and I was 20th in line, so I said screw this and never ordered.

After the scratch and dent Zastava I got from AIM, I decided these online surplus retailers are all trash and I'm better off buying on Gunbroker so I can see exactly what I'm getting.

When Classic had those containers of Finn M39's I ordered a couple to see if I'd keep the best one or maybe both. The Sako was ordered as 'select' and was decent with a post war arsenal stock. The VKT (Valmet) had a stock that looked like it was mangled by a starving beaver on crack. It should have been sold at a discount with full disclosure of condition. Nothing like the 'Here's what you can expect...' videos. What's funny is the fugly VKT ended up being a very good shooter, so that's the one I kept and I later made a small profit on the Sako.

There's still a gem or two out there for the online retailers. They are not all trash but many are.

I miss the old wideners and old classic and SOG.
i have had good luck with aims and Century buying by CR with them.
I knew what to expect from them and they always deliver, 2 steps down from description... what I expected

Many makes of European guns have serial numbers on the barrel and/or slide, and it is always (or almost always) in a matching set with the frame when the gun is made. The "gun is the frame" is a concept in US federal law, but these other parts (at least the barrel in one case) can be regulated as strictly as frames in the US.

I have not heard of a manufacturer grabbing mismatched parts as part of the normal manufacturing process, though it is possible for old new stock to be assembled into "new guns".

In the case of Glock, any slide or barrel that has a single non-digit character prefix was manufactured as a replacement part and not part of a gun. A part with more than one non-digit in the prefix was made for a complete gun.
I get that but if what the op said is true about the factory assembling all the last tidbit of parts and dumping that model they are still “factory new”
Now if that gun the OP had does not have the correct accesories/sights as described he has some recourse.

I get that but if what the op said is true about the factory assembling all the last tidbit of parts and dumping that model they are still “factory new”
Now if that gun the OP had does not have the correct accesories/sights as described he has some recourse.
We are making the same point. What I was trying to get across is that manufacturers that put serial numbers on multiple parts generally use one number for the entire gun.

He felt the need to vent! Maybe he thinks this is a therapy group.

That said, I think this is the outfit from which I bought a SMLE some 10 or so years ago. In "excellent" condition. Only it turned out to be a cobbled together No. 4 Mk1, but with some sort of aftermarket stock for shooters of small stature. Like five foot or under. Clearly it was not as advertised.

Unlike others, I had not trouble returning it and getting my money back, but it was then.

Again, if it's the same outfit, back then they specialized in hard chroming war weary pistols to hide the rust pits and then claimed that they were "perfect."

New member, joined yesterday, message count=1.

Go green!

Back
Top Bottom