• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Classic Buck 110's = Automatic Knives (For NH Members)

Why not??? It's not illegal to OWN them in MA. Just illegal to carry them. I'm not sure I'd carry an auto in the first place. Seems an auto-assist is the safe/fast middle-ground.

I've got an aftermarket 110. It's pretty cool, but the 110 is a HUGE handle to begin with for the size of knife. But this is pretty cool.

And heck, if I had to carry all of my knives at once, I couldn't stand up. Ditto for carrying all of my guns at once. LOL

Cool, but agreed regarding carrying, especially in front pocket [shocked].

I don't see a lock on the Buck. The old Italian Stilletos have a sliding lock so that if the go button is bumped you won't skewer the goods.

Nice but I don't think it is worth the additional $90 over the standard rosewood 110. I have the 110 and carried it on my duty belt as a PO. Nice knife. It now sits unused ever since I left the PD.

It's still a $20 knife (with another $20 tacked on for brand name recognition).

I never cared for 110s. Most in my experience couldn't be sharpened worth crap, and I didn't like the balance. Funny thing, though, I had a polymer-handled "Bucklite" 30 years ago that was the same profile, and that thing came wicked sharp, touched up even sharper, and stayed that way. It's still in a drawer or a box of stuff, somewhere. (I can't find half my stuff since we moved in 2012.)

I could pinch the blade and flick it open easily (holding the blade, flicking the handle down and away).

I was just at bladehq yesterday picking something up. They easily have tens of thousands of knives in their building. It's an incredible sight seeing so many boxes lining row after row of shelving.

It's still a $20 knife (with another $20 tacked on for brand name recognition).

I never cared for 110s. Most in my experience couldn't be sharpened worth crap, and I didn't like the balance. Funny thing, though, I had a polymer-handled "Bucklite" 30 years ago that was the same profile, and that thing came wicked sharp, touched up even sharper, and stayed that way. It's still in a drawer or a box of stuff, somewhere. (I can't find half my stuff since we moved in 2012.)

I could pinch the blade and flick it open easily (holding the blade, flicking the handle down and away).

Agreed. Mine's been sitting in the drawer, or somewhere, for 25 years mostly because the steel sucks. It would have been smart if they used this opportunity to modernize the steel and offer a non-auto version with one-hand opening and a better locking mechanism, while maintaining the historical profile and grips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom