• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Class Action Settlement: Stack-On PDS-500 and other drawer "safes"

According to the Stack-On website, a class action settlement has been proposed. Details below:

===

If you purchased one of the following models of Stack-On secure storage products between June 1, 2005 and October 8, 2013, you may be eligible to receive a monetary payment or an upgraded locking system:

• PDS-500 Drawer Safe with Electronic Lock
  • PC-650 Portable Case with Electronic Lock
  • PS-5-B Drawer Safe with Biometric Lock
  • PS-7-B Extra Wide Safe with Biometric Lock
  • PS-10-B Personal Safe with Biometric Lock
  • QAS-1200-B Quick Access Safe with Biometric Lock
  • QAS-710 Drawer Safe with Motorized Electronic Lock

• QAS-1000 Quick Access Drawer Safe with Electronic Lock

• QAS-1200 Quick Access Safe with electronic Lock

===

Settlement: "Without admitting any fault or liability, and in exchange for a release of all claims against it, Stack-On has agreed to provide a double-bitted lock to the purchasers of the PC-650 and PDS-500 and to pay $8.00 to the purchasers of the PS 5-B, PS-7-B, PS-10-B, QAS-1200-B, QAS-710, QAS-1000 and QAS-1200, to settle the case. Class Members may make a claim to receive the $8.00 payment or double-bitted lock."

Deadline: March 17, 2014

If you do nothing (Question #4 Option #2): "If you do nothing, you will not receive either the $8.00 payment or the double-bitted lock but you will still be bound by the judgment and you will release your claims against Stack-On."

===

Link to the class action settlement website.
Link to "File a Claim" online.

I have one of those but it almost doesn't sound like it's worth the time, especially since I bought the thing knowing it was good for keeping a 2 year old out of it and not much else.

Typically with any "class action" suit the only ones who make out in the end are the lawyers!

Typical frivolous law suit! You get 8 bucks and the company that makes affordable firearms products takes a big hit because some lawyer sees a big pay day. People want their 8 bucks damn it!!. If I had 10 of these safes I wouldn't put my name on that list. I refuse to be part of this type of crap that's doing our country no good.

Back
Top Bottom