Class A W/restrictions?

blindndead

NES Member
This question came up at work today I did not know the answer. I was asked can a person with a restricted target and hunting Class A like myself, carry a firearm at home or on there own property? I said I dont think so. But I know A few people who probally know the anwser.

Last edited:
It would be your local police chief who would add the restriction, which is subjective on his part.

So, the answer to your question depends upon exactly what restriction he places on your license.

I've wondered that myself.

The whole restricted thing is absurd. I can carry in New Hampshire (where I drive on a daily basis) but I can't carry here in this not so sterling neighborhood in Boston.

"Chapter 269: Section 10.

Section 10. (a) Whoever, except as provided or exempted by statute, knowingly has in his possession; or knowingly has under his control in a vehicle; a firearm, loaded or unloaded, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty without either:

(1) being present in or on his residence or place of business; or

(2) having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section one hundred and thirty-one of chapter one hundred and forty; or . . .

shall be punished . . . . " (Emphasis added.)

Last edited:
My rationale would be that you're in your place of residence, so no one has any business coming and calling you out on CCWing.

My rationale would be that you're in your place of residence, so no one has any business coming and calling you out on CCWing.

It is not a question of one's rationale, but rather the terms of the applicable statute.

"Chapter 269: Section 10.

Section 10. (a) Whoever, except as provided or exempted by statute, knowingly has in his possession; or knowingly has under his control in a vehicle; a firearm, loaded or unloaded, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty without either:

(1) being present in or on his residence or place of business; or

(2) having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section one hundred and thirty-one of chapter one hundred and forty; or . . .

shall be punished . . . . " (Emphasis added.)
That is not so good. Thanks RKG

Back
Top Bottom