Clarification on 2 points

tuna

NES Member
1) As a Mass resident, I wish to camp in RI for a couple days. I can't find anything in RIGL or the forum that would prohibit me from keeping a shotgun or rifle in my towed camper (unloaded, locked, etc) while I am camping. Am I correct that I'm within the law?

2) As a Mass resident, I live in the only state (with the exception of NYC I think) that requires you to have a permit to carry OC. Again, correct?

Thanks for the replies.

As a Mass resident, I live in the only state (with the exception of NYC I think) that requires you to have a permit to carry OC. Again, correct?
CA requires a license, limits the size/strength, and even requires some silly training to get an OC license.

1) you are correct, however if you bring it out "in public" you might get an unfriendly visit from "the law" and depending on the circumstances maybe brought in " to get more answers". You would be within the law, but could get charged with disorderly conduct, inciting a panic, etc.

2) You may open carry in RI with a permit from the AG. ( see 11-47-18) Again, you would be within the law, it is not common. See number 1 above.

Thanks for the responses.

Plumber - when I said OC, I meant the pepper spray. I don't go to Rhode Island too often, and just wanted to be sure that I didn't need a permit to carry spray.

Back
Top Bottom