• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Civility is suffering

There was a member here with the screen name @Quiet.

He’s banned now but when he was posting I told Mrs. Flare that he was the kind of guy who would never attend an in-person NES event because of the scuffles he’d get in with other posters.

He showed up for a Natick Get-Together.

I remember someone saying at B&K, “You’re Quiet? I’ve gone around and around with you!”

He was a good guy and he came to several Natick Get-Togethers even after he was banned. I’ll bet he’s still on the email list.

His wife and Mrs. Flare became friends although I don’t know if they’re still keeping in touch.

I try to treat people like I might meet them someday.
He's still on my Email list. However, I passed the gauntlet to Namedpipes and told him that he has to create his own Email list. As promised a long time ago, I don't give out other people's personal info without permission. I sent out the Email a few times at Namedpipes' request but he's on his own now.

He's still on my Email list. However, I passed the gauntlet to Namedpipes and told him that he has to create his own Email list. As promised a long time ago, I don't give out other people's personal info without permission. I sent out the Email a few times at Namedpipes' request but he's on his own now.

Thank you!

Would you mind telling that to the owner of The Gun Parlor?

How very true. I've picked up a lot on varied topics over the years here.

As for the tone, I would bet most here are "alpha" types, put a bunch of them together and its gonna get interesting.

True Alphas can get along. You recognize the potential and deal with it. It's the Beta wanna be's that cause the problems. Prove me wrong, I'll accept it and move on, I can't know everything. Sometimes I post without really thinking it through. Beta's do the whole 'let me switch the argument and try again' method.

I have his email and I had his phone number but lost it.

Last time I emailed him about Natick GT he didn’t respond.

I have his email and I had his phone number but lost it.

Last time I emailed him about Natick GT he didn’t respond.
He's a bit strange. I gave him my phone number and asked him to call me each time so I could give a headcount to John Harvard's. He never did . . . he always told Chet (RIP) to tell me when he and his Wife would be there. After Chet passed, I never heard from him and sometimes he'd just show up.

almost 100 posts, no one has said it yet, and i've never had the opportunity to say it before:

this thread delivers.

good posts, lotta fun to read. yeah i read all of them. i need to get back to work. SOON!!!

I can't wait until the covid thing dies off and we can start doing meetups again. I've met some really nice folks at that little brewery in Framingham.
Everyone made you feel right at home. Anyone who has not made it to a meetup in their area really should. It builds a strong foundation of Civility...

I can't wait until the covid thing dies off and we can start doing meetups again. I've met some really nice folks at that little brewery in Framingham.
Everyone made you feel right at home. Anyone who has not made it to a meetup in their area really should. It builds a strong foundation of Civility...

I didn’t know there were meets in Framingham. I’d be down for the next one, depending on timing.

I didn’t know there were meets in Framingham. I’d be down for the next one, depending on timing.
There were 2 or 3 people before me that ran those meet-ups. I ran it for 3 or 4 years until I thought I was leaving MA imminently. And they were always open to anyone on NES, posted in Off-Topic and I maintained an Email list of ~70 people who had attended over the years. Namedpipes said that he'd carry on occasionally but he's a slacker ;) and only calls a dinner when mininijer is coming to town.

The level of civility on NES seems to have fallen. More and more I open threads to find people bickering like 6 year olds with one another. (Say with clenched jaw and in a snarky tone) "do you read your own posts?" "did you even read what I wrote?" "calling it a strawman is ad hominem" WAHHHHH

maxresdefault.jpg

Man the delicate sensibilities are just running rampant these days. And this is being said be a Pisces. [laugh]

I think many of us are from the suck it the f*** up buttercup generation(s) and talk like they we speaking to people who know how to do the same. I swear if some of you observed what my wife and I would consider a slightly heated discussion, you would run to your safe spaces while simultaneously blowing rape whistles, pissing, puking and screaming "I need an adult!!" FFS it's the internet. What do you honestly expect?

I still maintain that, with the exception of a slight dip in civility, this is the friendliest NES has been in the 11 yrs. I have been here. Who the f*** would want to live in a world where everyone is running around falling all over themselves to not offend someone? I'm not saying people should just go out and deliberately treat everyone like shit, but FFS toughen up. No change or growth occurs without conflict.

For the record, this post is not influenced in any way by the current state of affairs. I've been a stay at home dad to the most perfect son in the history of the universe for the past 21 months. The WuFlu has not changed my daily routine in any appreciable way. I did quit my PT delivery job on fri. and sat. but that just means I have slightly less extra cash to blow on guns and car mods. [laugh]

For those I may have upset here....

I love you!! [kiss]

True Alphas can get along. You recognize the potential and deal with it. It's the Beta wanna be's that cause the problems. Prove me wrong, I'll accept it and move on, I can't know everything. Sometimes I post without really thinking it through. Beta's do the whole 'let me switch the argument and try again' method.

1586428705915.png

Alphas DGAF.

Back
Top Bottom