City Hall Plaza in Boston, carry or not

I need to go in there to pay a few parking tickets in the am and need to know if I can carry there or not.

City Hall Plaza, yes. City Hall, no.

That, exactly. Also note that (for City Hall) per Boston bylaw, knives under 2.5" are OK but not longer. (OK, a bit more than that will sometimes get a pass, but I wouldn't try it.) On the (relatively) bright side, I've been in there a zillion times with the pair of smallish knives I usually carry and the most they've done is hold them up to the mark on the side of the x-ray machine and hand them back to me with no comment at all.

I think there may be an option to pay them online. I'm not sure though because I haven't lived there since 06

Is it posted no firearms? It is not a federal facility, school nor post office...unless posted then I'd carry and see what they do. The worst case is to go home and pay on-line. Could be interesting!?!

I went there today, they do have a sign banning firearms unless your a cop with official business there. The knife policy is out the window. I had my klien electricians knife on me with a 1in blade, they didn't like it and said I had to lose it to come in. To avoid the walk back to my car I tossed it in the trash.

It went smooth enough though.

Back
Top Bottom