1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

City dog walkers suck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fixxah, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

I have been working on one project for over 12 months. Every day, there at least 50 bags of dog shit thrown in our container and multiple dogs piss all over the materials outside the job.

When you say something about having to handle materials wet with piss, they will say wear gloves, or just walk away. Rats love to go through the garbage that the neighbors toss in there as well. So now, there are rats in the home and traps everywhere. A rat tried to attack a laborer's neck the other day. There are shit stains all over the sidewalks and the stench is disgusting. This is year round.

There must be some app that marks container locations so the leashed multiple hounds handlers come and sump their payload and high tail it out of there.

Shit pickers, go away and take your green or blue bags with you. We are sick of you.

nastynatural, Lip, richc and 2 others like this.

2. Hetzer

Hetzer NES Member

Trash receptacles and public bathrooms are becoming a thing of the past around here.

Lip and new guy like this.
  3. Stape

Stape

They don't care, let someone else deal with it. People are sucking more and more every day, and it there is always some excuse for not being responsible for yourself and those under your control.

Lip, new guy, Choctaw and 1 other person like this.
  4. bfm

bfm NES Member

What city is this?

5. DarthRevan

DarthRevan NES Member

This thread feels like a dupe.

Dakar652 and Grendizer138 like this.
  6. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

Paging crazymjb.

Paging crazymjb.

Canndo likes this.
  7. PilotRPI

PilotRPI

I live in Hopkinton, which people think is a pretty nice town. People leave their dog $hit everywhere! People are gross. I hate people.

ridleyman likes this.
  8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Better than those d-bags that hang the baggies from trees. ????

Honestly, if you aren't home enough to walk your own dog, maybe you shouldn't have a dog. Ditto on kids. Buy a stuffed animal or a Tamagachi or something.

9. JohnZ

JohnZ

All dogwalkers suck. They're bringing their dogs to the neighbors to crap and piss.

GM-GUY likes this.
  10. Racenet

Racenet NES Member

11. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

I love humanity...it's people I can't stand.

greencobra likes this.
  12. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Hey...just be happy that the dog shit is in a bag! Sheesh...some people are so sensitive! :)

13. Mr.E

Mr.E

Lived in Hopkinton for 4 years, it is a nice town but full of weirdos. I thought the "no dogs allowed" in the little park at the center of town was a good indicator of how bad it got.

Lip likes this.
  14. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

For the 1st problem - I suspect that most people think they are doing the right thing by bagging the poop and putting it into the trash. Most probably don't consider much that your container is only for private construction disposal, or that the trash is so small relative to unused material that it doesn't matter. Do you actually need to dig through the dumpster often enough that it really matters? Or is it not emptied frequently enough so that it starts to smell? In that case, a reasonably small sign saying "Construction Material Only. Please do not dispose of dog waste in this container." Will likely reduce the problem significantly.

For the second problem - Once one dog pisses on something all the other dogs will want to piss there too. You'll need to put some barrier (fence, tarp, etc) to keep the dogs away, or maybe there is a dog-repelling spray you could use.

15. johnnymac101

johnnymac101 NES Member

just saw this on my buddy's facebook. Doesn't solve your problem, but made me chuckle

[​IMG]

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Oh, I missed that in the OP - that it's the on-site trash receptacle. Yeah, I'd have no patience with that for SURE! Fixxah - Are they not dog-walking while you are at the site??? A good yelling at always works.

17. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

,It sucks. The folks that I rent space to in the commercial buildings I manage in Concord and Littleton are always asking that I provide a community dumpster. I tell them no way. They don't like that so I tell them to pack up and move out and find a landlord who is stupid enough to provide one. They never leave. I could put in a 30 yarder and in two days it would be full of tires, mattresses, household rubbish and yard waste. My policy is carry in, carry out or contract for your own dumpster. Jack.

new guy and DrBurnsides like this.
  18. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

A very large percentage of dog owners are irresponsible.

Fixxah, Lip and GM-GUY like this.
  19. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

We had neighbors that would take their dog for a walk, let it crap on the car-de-sac that I mowed - they never picked it up.

Lip likes this.
  20. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Clearly you know who it is. Either deposit their dog's crap, or your own - your choice, on their front doorstep. It's pretty easy.

Or do what my dad did and come tearing out of the house. Not only will Fifi never take a dump there again, you'll never see the neighbors again. They'll EAT the crap before getting yelled at again. LOL

21. swatgig

swatgig NES Member

Chained together with 999 of my associates at the
  22. one-eyed Jack

I live on a corner lot here in Acton. People will come along with their dogs and their little blue bags and the dog will take a dump on the edge of the property. If I see them I just tell them to just leave it. I don't walk there and the rain will take care of it. Jack.

23. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Sadly, I'd guess "any."

When we lived in Marblehead dogs were a constant source of contention. Wealthy people, densely settled, it's one thing I don't miss.

TJL likes this.
  24. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

New age dog owners in general suck. Now it's in to bring them everywhere like they are your kid. If you have a "I love my granddog" sticker on your vehicle, you're an idiot. Now people are bringing them into places like Home Depot, wtf do you need fido for to get some light bulbs? Can I go anywhere anymore without having my balls sniffed by someone's dog?

And I'm a dog guy, I love them and have had them all my life.Yet, I have no desire to walk around in a store and get them in someone else's way. Maybe it's the narcissism nowadays, people just think because they like their dog and want to be around it so doesn't every other person on the planet.

TJL, tuna, Dennis in MA and 2 others like this.
  25. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

I tend a number of trails where this happens. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt they hang them there with the best of intentions to take them with them on the way out, but forget.

OTOH, one particular park has been plagued with picnickers pooping. Yes, human poop. In the picnic area. Or on our trails. In little mounds with TP atop. Given the nature of the copious litter they also leave behind, it appears they're coming up from Bridgeport to partake of this habit.

26. Racenet

Racenet NES Member

Funny thing about this is, the OP is bitching about it being put "in a bin". :D

johnnymac101 and new guy like this.
  27. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie

They are pretending in their own mind that they will grab the bag on the way back from their walk and dispose of it,, but it never seems to work out that way.

28. babygorilla

babygorilla NES Member

Dupe.

Didn't we already have a thread regarding throwing away dog poop in your neighbors trash?

tuna likes this.
  29. one-eyed Jack

Can't have enough dog shit threads. Jack.

Racenet likes this.
  30. Lip

Lip Army Veteran NES Member

Supposively myth busters disproved that but my kid brother and I know he got got hit, twice he's a slow learner.