• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

City Council

There are elections coming for Cambridge City Council. I am not entirely certain what their role is and if they affect/weight on gun ownership and gun control.

All/most of the candidates emphasize "safe streets and neighborhoods" but I am not sure whether that means more street lights, cops, and jobs, or gun control legislature.

I simply want to know what is their potential to make the lives of gun owners more miserable if they really want to.

Thanks,

AIG

Last edited:
I checked the Sticky at the top of this thread and Cambridge isn't even listed. I don't know what that means exactly. I do know
we have had a few posters from there on this board, so they must give licenses, but to what extent is unknown.

To answer the generic part of your question, yes, city councils can have an enormous impact on your lifestyle. They usually have to approve the selection of the police chief for one thing. And the police chief has life or death power over your gun rights.

I have to assume that Cambridge, as the recognized entrance way to to the infernal reaches (Harvard Square), is totally left-wing, moonbat liberal at all levels.

But then, all I have to do is drive through it. Maybe someone else who lives there can give a more reasonsed and factual response.[wink]

City Council/Town Council/Mayor/Selectmen/Aldermen/Town Manager . . . they are all the various types of governing body who make policy/rules/regulations/by-laws that those under them are chartered with implementing.

Bottom line is that the police/fire chief follows orders from his/her boss (one of the above)! So (like Boston) when the Mayor tells the police chief to stop giving ALP permits (or restrict them ridiculously), the police chief either does as he/she is told . . . or goes looking for another job somewhere else.

Can that impact your "quality of life"? You betcha!

In Cambridge I can't imagine that you'll find anyone "worthy" to contemplate! [rolleyes] [sad]

They don't call it "The People's Republic of Cambridge" for nothing! The City is so far left it hurts to think about it. I don't think you will find a 2A supporter in the bunch that runs the place.

Back
Top Bottom