Citi Bank new Rules for Retailers

How are they planning to enforce the 'no bump stock' policy?? The background check item is already in place for stores selling firearms. So that's a 'nothing new to do' item there. The age restriction is already in place/effect depending on what's being purchased. IMO, the only thing they're actually trying to do is get retailers to not sell a product some customers want. Do they realize that what they (citi) are doing is only alienating about 10% of the US population? With how much money is in the gun industry, I don't think these places understand what will happen (to their bottom line) if they bans they want to get enacted actually happen. After all, the gun industry is a multi-BILLION dollar (a year) entity. While that's not even close to the national deficit, it's NOT something to scoff at. Considering how many (or the non-FUDD) gun owners react to this level of BS with their wallets, it could actually harm these financial companies far more than the 'good press' they could get from the left.

Of course, if this does impact the BILLIONS of $$ generated by the gun industry each year, they'll just blame guns for that. Not the actions of a few trying to force companies to do their bidding. Hmmmmm, sounds a lot like racketeering to me. o_O

So, regular capacity magazines are fine, just not high capacity.

Got it.

How exactly would Citi even know? Are they going to send inspectors to look at the bound books, or see what's on the shelf?

I am surprised any dealers are actually WITH citibank.
Plenty of friendly establishments out there to not waste time on citi.
Like Progun mentioned, I also cancelled a personal citi card years ago and never looked back. They suck.

In an e-mailed statement Citi said it will require those clients only sell firearms to customers who have passed a background check, restrict sales of firearms for people under 21 years of age, and not sell so-called “bump stocks” or high-capacity magazines.

The first one seems redundant. The rest. . . . . spot check???? I bet they checked and they have, like, 8 gun shops as customers and figured this was a good idea.

Was watching That 70's Show at noon and Comedy Central told me they are for stricter gun laws. I'm for funnier shows. Seems neither of us are getting what we want.

The first one seems redundant. The rest. . . . . spot check???? I bet they checked and they have, like, 8 gun shops as customers and figured this was a good idea.

Was watching That 70's Show at noon and Comedy Central told me they are for stricter gun laws. I'm for funnier shows. Seems neither of us are getting what we want.
Comedy Central... Sounds like either false advertising or a bait and switch scheme to me... ;)

So, regular capacity magazines are fine, just not high capacity.

Got it.

How exactly would Citi even know? Are they going to send inspectors to look at the bound books, or see what's on the shelf?
They could eventual say we want Level 3 Style Transactions, but at that point everyone would head for the hills I would think, I'm guessing maybe they also do store branded cards?

Can't really expect anything different from Edward Skyler, friend of Michael Bloomberg.

Here is the blog everybody references in their articles: The Citi Blog - Announcing Our U.S. Commercial Firearms Policy

Read all the way to the end:
Ed Skyler said:
We recognize that we don’t have all the answers and that existing technology in our industry doesn’t allow for a more targeted approach at points of sale. For that reason, we would like to convene those in the financial services industry and other stakeholders to tackle these challenges together and see what we can do. This approach has worked well in areas such as sustainability, where the Equator Principles ushered in a new era of environmentally and socially responsible financing practices. We hope to leverage collective action to encourage responsible practices by all who sell firearms. As best practices evolve, we will update our policies accordingly.

This is the scary part. Even for people who might agree with the "gunz bad" concept, do you really want your card processor looking at each item you buy and deciding whether it meets their environmentally and socially responsible financing practices?

The big banks' fees are outrageous. Citi wants $12 for a basic checking account. My credit union charges $0. If you haven't switched before now, I'm not sure what to tell you.

This is ridiculous. So they want gun shops to not sell to anyone under 21? There are states where that is illegal age discrimination.

Can't really expect anything different from Edward Skyler, friend of Michael Bloomberg.

Here is the blog everybody references in their articles: The Citi Blog - Announcing Our U.S. Commercial Firearms Policy

Read all the way to the end:

This is the scary part. Even for people who might agree with the "gunz bad" concept, do you really want your card processor looking at each item you buy and deciding whether it meets their environmentally and socially responsible financing practices?

Yeah. After reading that vomit and scrolling down to see what their past "blog" topics were it's clear Citi is a full-blown SJW-driven company. I do not bank with them but unfortunately as a government employee I sometimes have no choice but to use my government travel card which is a Citi card, when on official business travel. I'll use it as little as possible from here on out.

The age restriction might be an issue, remember this isn't just MA, and isn't age discrimination a thing.

The PTB are intent on disarming the public. If any of this is surprising, you haven’t haven’t been paying attentions.

Why doesn’t citi stop issuing cards to all 18 year olds in case any of them wanted to buy a firearm. Let’s see how well it will work out for them

Cancel these walking diseases today.

Your bank is going to dictate how to run your business.

Right.

Why doesn’t citi stop issuing cards to all 18 year olds in case any of them wanted to buy a firearm. Let’s see how well it will work out for them

Well, your moral "betters" at Citi like getting young college students into debt up to their eyeballs before they even have a job, so they won't be stopping that anytime soon.

Well, your moral "betters" at Citi like getting young college students into debt up to their eyeballs before they even have a job, so they won't be stopping that anytime soon.
Yes, they've been doing that since at least the late 80s. My first credit card was a Citibank Visa I applied for right outside the campus cafeteria in 1988. Just about every kid I knew at college had a Citibank card. I was responsible with it, but many weren't.

Back
Top Bottom