• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Citi Bank new Rules for Retailers

I'm sitting on over 300k AA miles, mostly from Citi, helped a bit by a major kitchen/bath re-do last year, and paid off entirely. I won't be dropping them at this point, but....

I will however, use my JetBlue Barclay Card for "sporting" transactions, going forward.

Ah screw these idiots. I rob them every year anyway. Not like it affects them in any way but I don't pay any fees with them and never one penny of interest. They in turn send me reward checks for hundreds of dollars. More money to spend on guns.

Ah screw these idiots. I rob them every year anyway. Not like it affects them in any way but I don't pay any fees with them and never one penny of interest. They in turn send me reward checks for hundreds of dollars. More money to spend on guns.

You are still making them money. We typically spend $2,000 + a month on a Citi card. Shopping for a new one today.

You are still making them money. We typically spend $2,000 + a month on a Citi card. Shopping for a new one today.
Oh I get it. Its a business. Theirs is making money not giving it away. If it were the latter they wouldn't be in business for very long. To me cc companies are no different than insurance providers. Sure some people file claims and the company has to pay out. But more people pay into a system that never gives them anything in return (think about your homeowners insurance.) That's the scam, that's how they get rich. People like me make up a trivial percentage of Citi cards members. Their money is made off of the people they rob with fees and interest (basically.) Given their newly acquired policies noted above I shall reconsider using my Citi card. Their are plenty others available.

I just donated $200.00 to the NRA-ILA with my Citi Card....lmao...no interest as I pay my statement in full each month....so hopefully that pisses them off a bit.

Citi Group is about to collect $6-7 from the NRA. It must be very upsetting to them.

Citi Group is about to collect $6-7 from the NRA. It must be very upsetting to them.

well, it shows that we don't give a crap about their anti American politics. Maybe of they start an audit on gun related purchases perhaps that $7.00 loss per transaction might make them STFU.

Congressman Todd Rokita isn't taking Citibank's move lightly:
Sixteen Republican congressmen are asking the General Services Administration (GSA) to reevaluate a $700 billion contract with Citibank as a result of the the financial institution’s “anti-Second Amendment policies.”

Citibank (with US Bank) had won the bid for SmartPay 3, Rokita is requesting that the contract be rebid, with Citibank disqualified. Citi also runs the purchase and travel cards used by the House of Representatives, this contract could also be put out for bid.

170,000,000 +- legal gun owners in the U.S. If every gun owner gave $100 to a gun industry credit fund, no gun gun company would have to rely on any commercial bank for a line of credit to operate their business. They would have 17 billion dollars at their disposal and could tell the state controlled banks to eat shit and die.

If such a fund were established, I couldn't write a check fast enough.

So Bank of America and ShittyBank both suck. Which fairly large banks DO want our business....so we can all migrate our accounts over to them!

So Bank of America and ShittyBank both suck. Which fairly large banks DO want our business....so we can all migrate our accounts over to them!
Seems like there are no morally pure mega-banks.

Wells "fake account" Fargo said this recently:
CNN said:
Wells (WFC) chief financial officer John Shrewsberry told reporters Friday that the bank is "not currently setting policy in our extension of credit." "As our CEO has publicly stated, we do not believe that the American public wants banks to decide which legal products consumers can and cannot buy," spokesman Alan Elias said. "We believe this issue requires a legislative solution that allows the public to voice their concerns."
But then two weeks ago they kicked TNVC to the curb with no real explanation, so who knows?

Back
Top Bottom