• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Church shooting today

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25872864

MSNBC News Services
updated 23 minutes ago

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - One person was killed and at least six others were injured Sunday morning when a man opened fire inside a church in West Knoxville, according to NBC affiliate WBIR-TV.

The shootings happened at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church on Kingston Pike. One witness said police had arrived and the suspected gunman was in custody, according to WBIR-TV. Church members told the television station they did not know the man or his connection, if any, with the church or its members.

A children's production of "Annie" was taking place at the time of the shooting. Steve Drevik, a church member, described the shooter as a man with long blond hair, who appeared to be in his 40s. He said he walked into the sanctuary and opened fire with a shotgun, shooting indiscriminately.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

No children are believed to have been hit by the gunfire. Numerous Knoxville police officers are at the church.

Several people had head wounds, Drevik said. Drevick said no one at the church recognized the gunman, who was tackled after he fired the shots, Drevick said. The gunman had more ammunition on him, Drevick said.

There were about 200 people in the church at the time of the shooting watching a youth performance being put on by 25 children.

Police had cordoned off the church with yellow and red tape, and were taking statements and collecting video cameras from church members who had been taping the performance.

A woman from a nearby Presbyterian church brought flowers to the scene. Carrie Niceley, 19, said an announcement about the shooting was made while she was attending her church Sunday.

Unfreakinreal!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is it with these retards? Why dont they just stay home and shoot themselves and leave everyone else out of it.... ?????? no wonder the liberals keep pounding on us. These A** H**** keep giving them more ammo against us.

however.... I have carried in Church before. I dont carry every Sunday in Church but I do carry from time to time in Church and things like this are exactly the reason why.

I just cant believe these idiots that keep doing this. Just stay home and shoot yourself for crying out loud!!!! [frown]

Back
Top Bottom