• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chronograph

After reloading some .223 Rem, I need to get some figures for ballistics. Is there any Chronographs out there that anyone would recommend? Better yet, would anyone let me borrow one? I'm in RI/South MA.

No experience with anything other than the Oehler. Just curious, what are you going to be doing with the rifle that you need velocity numbers?

B

Competition Electronics makes a down range unit (screens and chrono in one package) which can be had for about $100 at Midway. All you need is a tripod to mount it on. I bought one of the original models about 30 years ago and it is still going strong; I highly recommend this chrono.

Although the chrono has been trouble free, I did need service on a twenty year old shot timer. CE rebuilt it for $30, including shipping. I couldn't be happier with CE products and customer service. On the other hand, I have had a lot of problems with PACT customer service; I would not buy any of their products.

After reloading some .223 Rem, I need to get some figures for ballistics. Is there any Chronographs out there that anyone would recommend? Better yet, would anyone let me borrow one? I'm in RI/South MA.

I'm west of Boston about 15 miles but you can borrow mine if you want.
Can even shoot 223 indoors at my range.

Back
Top Bottom