• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chronograph

I have a CED Millenium that really works well and has tons of features but it was expensive. I've used it with both the regular screens and IR screens in a "chrono box". It always corresponds pretty close to the readings from matches when my ammo is tested. It saves results in a .txt file so it easy to share data and save it.

I have borrowed a Chrony Alpha master and that worked and was very easy to set up and store. I had a Pact timer/chrono combo and it never worked right.

Ohler 33 has worked for me for years. My Pact timer with chrono mod works fine too. However it's an older production. Look into the Competition Electronics also.

I used the cheap Chrony model for around $80 from Midway. If you have a camera tripod and a 9 vt battery, you're good to go. It doesn't record, or store, or print, or make pretty graphs, or download to a Dick Tracy watch. It displays how fast your damn bullet went so you can write it down. That's all I need, your needs may be different.

The amazing thing about chronos is that they all seem to work. I haven't heard any complaints. I bought a Competition Electronics chrono over 20 years ago and it is still working great. This model is still available (no frills one piece unit that gives you average velocity of each string) for about $100. I would avoid PACT products; their customer service sucks.

Just remember to mount it low enough so ya don't shoot it. [shocked]

Don't ask me how I know... [rolleyes]

Yep, it gave me a feeling of deja vu from a year ago:

chrony2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom