Chronicle Poll: What, if any, gun control measures would you support?

Top of the page right side.
thesunchronicle.com

(Can I get some definition on two of the options please? I mean, I know the outcome, just want to actually read the definitions.)

Currently -
None:15
Ban of assault weapons: 61
Extensive background checks: 51

Last edited:
Maybe because I voted prior to pasting that link?
It took my "None" vote.

Try just going to thesunchronicle.com and seeing if that opens it up.

In the case of the Florida shooter what could a background check have discovered that could not be revealed in the 37 times the police went to this whackos home ? Or when the F.B.I. was called, and let's not forget about his former girlfriend, according to her she contacted his school many times to report his dangerous behavior. So, what more could have been revealed with a background check ? Nothing. You will never find a better example of how our system of justice can and does fail to protect it's citizens. Law enforcement on more than one level dropped the ball and as a result of their incompetence many people are now dead. Why are none of the liberal upset about that ? Other than the N.R.A. and every law abiding citizen, who else will be held accountable to this terrible tragedy ?

In the case of the Florida shooter what could a background check have discovered that could not be revealed in the 37 times the police went to this whackos home ? Or when the F.B.I. was called, and let's not forget about his former girlfriend, according to her she contacted his school many times to report his dangerous behavior. So, what more could have been revealed with a background check ? Nothing. You will never find a better example of how our system of justice can and does fail to protect it's citizens. Law enforcement on more than one level dropped the ball and as a result of their incompetence many people are now dead. Why are none of the liberal upset about that ? Other than the N.R.A. and every law abiding citizen, who else will be held accountable to this terrible tragedy ?

Their argument... You are right, police can't do what we need them to do so just ban guns. Problem solved. That is their demented reasoning.

I think it’s telling of anti thinking that those are the only three options. Complete bans as the rallying cry of people who mostly have never shot or seen a gun outside a cops holster.

Top of the page right side.
thesunchronicle.com

(Can I get some definition on two of the options please? I mean, I know the outcome, just want to actually read the definitions.)

Currently -
None:15
Ban of assault weapons: 61
Extensive background checks: 51

I just went and voted, current count:
None: 72
Ban of assault weapons: 82
Extensive background checks: 71

Not downplaying any death, but I've asked multiple people on social media who are screaming for gun control in the name of public safety after the most recent shooting where their outrage and righteous indignation is regarding the medical/pharmaceutical holocaust that claims 250k-400k deaths/year(depending on which sources you reference) in the US each year. No response, no real ones anyway, when death doesn't fit an agenda, seems unimportant?

Last edited:
Voted and current results:
GCPollResults.PNG

IMO, banning guns for the acts of a few is like banning computers for the acts of hackers. It's just as stupid and will impact people in pretty much the same way.

My control measure would be ,WTF is 19 y.o. even doing in high school?
Never mind a know violent retard who was prohibited from carrying a backpack into school?

Then he is too effed up to even attend.

He should have been booted out a year previous.

School system fail.

37 calls to his home? No action ?
Police fail.

This lack of gun control is to blame is horse pucky.

The whole incident has been hi jacked by the powerful Bloomberg inc. lobby.

Whenever a tragic event like this happens it just reinforces what ignorant people already believe, that this is the fault of the N.R.A. and the people that support them. And of course let's not forget to blame the gun. Sadly, if the democrats take back the White House there will some dark days ahead for gun owners, of that you can be sure.

Whenever a tragic event like this happens it just reinforces what ignorant people already believe, that this is the fault of the N.R.A. and the people that support them. And of course let's not forget to blame the gun.

I never could understand this. When that friend of mine got his head blown off in 2009 by a kook, I blamed the kook, not the gun. [thinking]

Guys I cannot live without ass please don't let them ban it. This is an outrage to even suggest such a thing and I am scared to live in a post ass world.

Back
Top Bottom