1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Christmas Neighbor From Hell

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lignum Vitea, Nov 25, 2018.

1. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

They can't get him into an HOA though without him signing off, you can't hijack someones property rights that way.

This is what happens IMHO when people build houses on plots of land that are too small. If you can throw a rock at your neighbors house and hit it, they are too close. But because towns and developers etc are greedy, land often gets divided in portions much too small for normal living.

-Mike

Howland, xjma99, TLB and 2 others like this.

2. Lignum Vitea

Lignum Vitea

Interesting that some take the side of the douche bag while others side with the clam hag. Thinking of the traffic through that small cul-de-sac during the height of the season. Trying to get home after a long days work. The parade of vehicles bumper to bumper as lightman collects donations and shoots the shit with the drive by gawkers. Finally getting into your drive to once again be a hostage in your home. Going out the next morning picking up the butts and trash tossed from car windows. Yeah, siding with the clam.

10thSFFD likes this.
  3. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Ah, nothing quite like a "Full-contact Christmas..."

4. enbloc

Lol. Clams are people too...

5. enbloc

6. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

enbloc likes this.
  7. enbloc

8. kevin9

kevin9

A few minutes on Google shows this goes way back. The video in the OP dates from 2014. According this article Ansell's previous display goes back to 1988, and disputes with neighbors over the prior display goes back to 2005. It appears that he went dark side in 2010., and they've continued to fight until at least 2016. Didn't find anything newer, so not clear what the current state of the battle is.

I sorta feel for the guy. Here he is doing his display for almost 20 years, when one of his neighbors complains to the town, and it all goes south from there. There was mention in one article that disputes with his neighbors over other things go back before 2005. Still, I'd be willing to bet that he was there first.

FYI, someone asked who would build a house in the middle of a cul-de-sac. Based on historic aerial shots and topos on this site that cul-de-sac, complete with house in the middle and 5 of 6 houses around the outside, was built around 1946-47. Different aesthetics 70 years ago.

M125X likes this.
  9. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

That’s funny as hell

10. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

out yourself post right there.

that's some seriously statist shit

M125X, slap shot, Howland and 3 others like this.
  11. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

Liz Vargas. Fap, fap

enbloc likes this.
  12. crazymjb

crazymjb

May be more to the story. The guy definitely went FR, but who knows it may be totally justifiable if the news actually reported the truth... or he may be just as much of a douche nozzle jerk nut bag as the piece made him out to be.

Mike

13. Darksideblues42

Darksideblues42 NES Life Member NES Member

and we tend to be ruthlessly relentless.

I was once told I was a clinical study in the celebration of unbridled vengeance driven relentlessness.

Fixxah and SpaceCritter like this.
  14. enbloc

Just change the label "Grinch" to "Gun-Owner" and it just feels "right"...

15. enbloc

Welcome! Fellow Irishman!

Fixxah and Mountain like this.
  16. Darksideblues42

Worse - an Aspie with significant engineering skills.

kevin9 and enbloc like this.
  17. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

Do HOAs require unanimous votes? HOAs hijack people’s property rights every day and I’m guessing there were people who voted against them.

18. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

I didn’t create the rules but if this a**h*** lived next to me I’d use every single one I could find against him, including an ERPO, if I thought it’d work.

19. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Lol yes, you cannot scoop someone's "normal", not aids infected, property into an HOA without their consent, unless it was already on the HOA when they bought it.

People get f***ed by HOAs because they think its a great idea at first and they suck for it and sign on to buying property in an hoa....

Most HOAs originate with builders when the houses go up in groups....

-Mike

buckfarack likes this.
  20. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

Please don’t classify this a**h***’s mental illness with people w autism. If you want to see the devastating effects of autism, message me and I’ll be happy to show you. I usually don’t get all PC and have accepted that this forum uses the term retard on a regular basis, but as the father of two children with severe autism as well as diagnosed mental retardation, it’s not funny. Most people on the Spectrum have significant cognitive impairments and they don’t have “special talents” or powers. I have had people ask me if I feel safe having guns in the house because they think my kids can magically crack safes because, you know, they’re good with numbers.

MarlboroughMan likes this.
  21. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

Well that’s a relief. I guess anyone who gets screwed by an HOA has no one to blame but themselves.

22. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I believe they were speaking from personal experience as people with some degree of autism, not so much "making fun of those 'different' people".

Something like Jews making Jewish jokes or blondes cracking blonde jokes.

buckfarack likes this.
  23. Darksideblues42

To be fair, I was pointing out that I, an adult male with Asperger's syndrome, will hold a grudge until the universe grows cold and dark. I (and people like me) are why some tests need to be re-written. As an example, the classic "Egg Drop Engineering" problem was solved by me without building a thing. The homework assignment said we had to drop an egg 3 feet and have it survive. I simply dropped it from a height greater than 3 feet, thus, it passed though a 3 foot drop unscathed. The following class, the rules were re-written to state the egg WOULD be dropped from a height of 3 feet.

Let's also say that I am the reason my dorm had to stop doing pranks, mainly from 2 of them. I built over 100 tiny circuit boards that ran off of a pair of hearing aid batteries and emitted a 17.6 KHz tone for between 3-5 seconds at random intervals. I hid them everywhere. Picture a mosquito whine happening randomly.

The second one was worse.

AHM, M125X, JayMcB and 5 others like this.
  24. TLB

TLB

Just because the things you do at your property aren't illegal, doesn't mean you aren't a total a**h*** for doing them.

buckfarack likes this.
  25. fshalor

fshalor NES Member

I have been in three neighborhoods now where the local duchebag lead actor has offed themselves with a firearm.

Highly likely to be the conclusion to this saga.

26. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

I know this is a bit off topic - but I think most of the rest of the world does the small lots close together thing by default. The 0.5 - 2 acre suburban development seems to be a uniquely american and more recent trend, and even then maybe only in parts of the country.

It's interesting flying into airports in different parts of the world or the country. Usually lots of farm land with clustered housing. Fly into Boston or Hartford and it's suburban sprawl as far as the eye can see. My in-laws live in a rural town in the midwest - their lot was carved out of a corn field. There are 600 people in the town, and most of them live in tiny houses + lots in the town center even though most of the town is open fields.

27. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

Theres a couple people in my neighborhood that I wish would suck start a shotgun.

28. kevin9

kevin9

[​IMG]

HorizontalHunter and xtry51 like this.
  29. J.A.C

J.A.C NES Member

Don't piss off an electrician especially when it involves lighting. Pam Heck seems like a real treat. A house in the middle of a cul-de-sac is a pure nightmare fuel scenario.

30. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

But at least it's funny. In my younger days (I'm much better now), if I felt slighted I'd go to work systematically ruining the life of whoever it was that slighted me. Usually starting with their employment situation. And being Irish - the national pastime is not drunken brawling, but, rather, cutting off one's nose to spite one's face - I'd keep on it regardless of how it affected me personally.

I've found that maintaining a network of human "keepers" helps tremendously.

Not that I haven't had a few more entertaining pranks... [grin]

mwalsh9152 likes this.