Christmas Caroling

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Five years ago our family and a neighbor went to a few houses and sang Christmas carols. This year we had eight families, over 20 kids, and sang at a dozen houses. We had some star power as one of the 12yo's sang the Star Spangled Banner at a Celtics game last year.

One of the families has three young kids and her husband is a USMC Reservist on his 4th deployment. I asked her 6yo daughter what she wanted for Christmas and she said "Some toys and my dad home again."

I almost cried on the spot. I remember how hard it was when my dad went on a week long business trip. We're going to donate some babysitting so mom can get out of the house a little. Her husband is due home in a month.

So don't forget those military families -the National Guard and Reservist troops don't have the post support structures.

This time of year, deployment is usually harder on the family back home for married soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors. My thoughts are with them.

I never do forget them. Deployments are hardest on the ones back home for any holiday/celebration. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

My brother and his lovely wife Carol were both born on Christmas day!

"Caroling" takes on a whole different meaning at his house.........................

Back
Top Bottom