Christie vetoes latest gun bill

Christie isn't great on guns, that's for sure but he has vetoed at least 6 or 7 anti gun bills. If they have a Dem governor next, NJ is going to go full crazy with all kinds of anti gun stuff. My guess is they'll pass similar crap as NY and CT.

Christie isn't great on guns, that's for sure but he has vetoed at least 6 or 7 anti gun bills. If they have a Dem governor next, NJ is going to go full crazy with all kinds of anti gun stuff. My guess is they'll pass similar crap as NY and CT.

I think he is vetoing the bills just for how it makes him look on the national stage. Not that it isn't better that he be pandering to that side, I just don't think he has a strong personal principle that he's following.

I think he is vetoing the bills just for how it makes him look on the national stage. Not that it isn't better that he be pandering to that side, I just don't think he has a strong personal principle that he's following.

I think christie is more pro 2a than not but certainly not even close to good. What he's vetoing isn't bad gun laws, NJ already has those, he's vetoing terrible stuff. He may think it will help him some but I think he would veto it if he were not running.

Meh, it's NJ...who really cares????

The terrible ideas that come out of NY, CT, CA, etc. will work their way to other places. I want freedom in every state even dumps like NJ where I would never move. I cheer conceal carry getting passed in IL and DC. I cheer the 9th circuit decision in Peruta for CA gun owners. Everywhere we win is a good thing.

My guess is that he would have acted differently if he was running for re-election as Governor of NJ instead of running for the Repub Presidential nomination.

My guess is that he would have acted differently if he was running for re-election as Governor of NJ instead of running for the Repub Presidential nomination.

I think the last round of crazy gun bills he vetoed was in 2013 after Sandy Hook. NJ and VA have their governor elections in the year following a POTUS election, so his reelection was in Nov of 2013.

Christie has blocked the extreme left from passing all kinds of taxes, gun control, etc. in NJ. They'll continue to have a large majority D legislature and when they get another D governor, the flood gates of crazy bills will be unleashed. Anyone with a brain should get out of NJ as soon as they can, it's only a matter of time before NJ gets another D governor.

The House in NJ is currently controlled by Republicans, but that of course can change.

Christie is very bad on the 2A and soft on Muslim terrorism. For those reasons alone, he won't win the Republican nomination. Whether or not he'll run for or win re election in 2017 is a matter of conjecture. Oh, in addition to everything else, he appointed Corey Booker (D) to the Senate seat vacated when Lautenburg died. He never even considered appointing a Republican to the seat.

I think the last round of crazy gun bills he vetoed was in 2013 after Sandy Hook. NJ and VA have their governor elections in the year following a POTUS election, so his reelection was in Nov of 2013.

Christie has blocked the extreme left from passing all kinds of taxes, gun control, etc. in NJ. They'll continue to have a large majority D legislature and when they get another D governor, the flood gates of crazy bills will be unleashed. Anyone with a brain should get out of NJ as soon as they can, it's only a matter of time before NJ gets another D governor.

The House in NJ is currently controlled by Republicans, but that of course can change.

Christie is very bad on the 2A and soft on Muslim terrorism. For those reasons alone, he won't win the Republican nomination. Whether or not he'll run for or win re election in 2017 is a matter of conjecture. Oh, in addition to everything else, he appointed Corey Booker (D) to the Senate seat vacated when Lautenburg died. He never even considered appointing a Republican to the seat.

I would never vote for christie after his wet kiss to obama in '12. He did do a good job running the R governors political action group for the 2014 election.

Christie didn't appoint booker, he called for a special election which booker was going to win easily. He could have appointed an R to fill out the term to Nov 2014 but he opted for the special election route. I think he mainly did it to make sure booker wasn't going to run for governor in '13 against him. He thought of himself over the party.

My understanding was that he appointed him, and then there was a special election. I might be wrong about that, but Christie could have appointed a Republican instead. As far as who would win in an election, who knows? Christie won against heavy odds.

Either way, he's not pro 2A and is not really conservative. He's also polling in the single digits, so he's not going to be the nominee.

I would never vote for christie after his wet kiss to obama in '12. He did do a good job running the R governors political action group for the 2014 election.

Christie didn't appoint booker, he called for a special election which booker was going to win easily. He could have appointed an R to fill out the term to Nov 2014 but he opted for the special election route. I think he mainly did it to make sure booker wasn't going to run for governor in '13 against him. He thought of himself over the party.

Gov. Chris Christie appointed fellow Republican Jeff Chiesa to replace Lautenberg as interim senator. Chiesa declined to run in the special election, won by Booker.

aren't they already full crazy on 2a issues????

NJ is on MA level in regards to the firearms. MA smokes them on carry laws (which for all intents and purposes don't exist in NJ) and is marginally better in regards to transportation, but most other firearm related things are about equal with some things actually better (no license requirement just to posses, no ridiculous storage law).

NJ is on MA level in regards to the firearms. MA smokes them on carry laws (which for all intents and purposes don't exist in NJ) and is marginally better in regards to transportation, but most other firearm related things are about equal with some things actually better (no license requirement just to posses, no ridiculous storage law).

MA on the whole is not even in the same cesspool as NJ is wrt gun laws. Particularly WRT prosecutorial posture. In NJ if you get caught violating one of their gay laws you have a much better chance of seeing prison than in MA.

MA on the whole is not even in the same cesspool as NJ is wrt gun laws. Particularly WRT prosecutorial posture. In NJ if you get caught violating one of their gay laws you have a much better chance of seeing prison than in MA.

When is the last time a person caught up in MA wrt a ridiculous gun law was pardoned, had their sentence commuted, or the charges were directed to be dropped? You may be right by virtue of the number of CWOF's, though I was pointing out the laws themselves not so much the enforcement. And the laws themselves are definitely in the same cesspool, as you put it, with the exception of what I mentioned.

The mistake was putting the bill on his desk to sign without a box of crispy creams under it!

When is the last time a person caught up in MA wrt a ridiculous gun law was pardoned, had their sentence commuted, or the charges were directed to be dropped? You may be right by virtue of the number of CWOF's, though I was pointing out the laws themselves not so much the enforcement. And the laws themselves are definitely in the same cesspool, as you put it, with the exception of what I mentioned.

That NJ prosecutor who gave ray rice a diversion program was prosecuting Sheneen Allen, a single mother of 2 for illegal gun possession in NJ because in her errands she crossed into NJ from her Philly area and thought her PA conceal carry permit was honored in NJ. She voluteered she had his gun with her. That prosecutor was taking it to trial until a massive amount of publicity git him to offer the diversion program.

NJ has a madatory minimum of 42 months in prison for illegal possesion. That is a ton worse than MA. There are so many other cases, that guy who moved to NJ and several weeks later was pulled over and he still had his pistol in his trunk. That guy was convicted and did jail time before Christie pardoned him.

NJ is alone with DC as far as putting the hammer to people with no criminal record having possession of a gun. I don't even think NYC is as insane.

NJ also has the Port Authority, which is notorious for prosecuting people traveling through any of the NYC area airports with a properly secured and checked firearm, e.g. Greg Revell. Massport does not do similarly to, e.g., folks flying through Logan, to the best of my knowledge.

MA is much easier on firearms than NJ. I have a few that can be legally brought into MA, but totally violate NY, NJ and CA laws.

And, I'm not saying MA is good. Just that NY, NJ and CA are much worse.

Back
Top Bottom