Christie vetoes gun control bill to reduce size of ammunition magazines

Bloated, conniving, RINO may have done it to help keep his sinking ship afloat, but, it's still a victory for our side (and the gun grabbers are none too happy about it)...

Gov. Chris Christie today vetoed a gun control bill that would have reduced the permitted size of ammunition magazines, saying it would do nothing to reduce gun violence.

“This is the very embodiment of reform in name only. It simply defies common sense to believe that imposing a new and entirely arbitrary number of bullets that can be lawfully loaded into a firearm will somehow eradicate, or even reduce, future instances of mass violence,” Christie said. “Nor is it sufficient to claim that a ten-round capacity might spare an eleventh victim.”

Christie conditionally vetoed the legislation (A2006), but he did more than propose changes. He completely rewrote it, eliminating the ammunition capacity reduction and suggesting in its place several changes to the state’s mental health system.

“I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing. Governing is confronting problems,” Christie said in his veto message.

The bill, which was passed by the Legislature mostly along party lines in May, would have reduced the permitted size of ammunition magazines from 15 rounds to 10.

---------------------------------

Gun control advocates were not happy.

“The very day that grieving parents of children slain in Sandy Hook Elementary School brought 55,000 petitions asking the governor to do the right thing for public safety, he did exactly the wrong thing,” said Bryan Miller, executive director of Heeding God’s Call, a faith-based group that pushes for more gun control measures. "The governor failed in his opportunity to do something simple, effective and instant for the safety of New Jersey's homes, schools and communities."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...l_to_reduce_size_of_ammunition_magazines.html

20132904161936.jpg

eff him.

That fat ****er gave Obama a boost into the election when even Bloomberg wouldn't let Obama grab cheap hurricane photo ops. The country is getting torched today because Christie only cared about furthering his own political ambitions. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

all politicians are garbage....the question is what type of garbage do we choose?
personally i choose chris christie type of garbage over barack obama type of garbage.

Christie: I wanted you to BAN magazines. NOT reduce the rounds allowed! You stupid a$$!! $@&! &$@!! Now go back to your garbage cans and start over.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

Read about this getting ready for work this morning, all politics aside it is a positive IMHO ~ [grin] He threw the problem into to mental arena and away from the good guys that carry, at least that's what I got from it.

Now sure there are other issues but for now NJ can still use 15 round mags.

Have a Happy 4Th [party]

Last edited:
That fat ****er gave Obama a boost into the election when even Bloomberg wouldn't let Obama grab cheap hurricane photo ops. The country is getting torched today because Christie only cared about furthering his own political ambitions. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

yeah, that sort of shit is not going to ever die in peoples memories! He was a whore for Obama trying to get money for his state after the storm wiped out the Jersey shore. I can see being buds with your political opponents (tip oneil and ronny regan is a good example), but never whore yourself, or help the other guy win an election.

Last edited:
Just so I'm clear :

Politicians that are voting yes for gun control are asshats who don't get it.

Politicians who publicly appear to understand the argument that it's about mental health and not round limits are asshats who are just pretending to get it because they're evil conniving asshats.

Oh. And he's fat.

Did I get it right?

I assume this means that he's running for President. I think this bill was the litmus test. I doubt he was actually interested in vetoing it, but he knows that if he didn't, he'd have no shot of getting any Republican votes nationally.

Just so I'm clear :

Politicians that are voting yes for gun control are asshats who don't get it.

Politicians who publicly appear to understand the argument that it's about mental health and not round limits are asshats who are just pretending to get it because they're evil conniving asshats.

Oh. And he's fat.

Did I get it right?

Perfectly...

Back
Top Bottom