1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Christian children being beheaded in Iraq

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by je25ff, Aug 8, 2014.

1. AntiHippie

AntiHippie

Therein lies the dilemma. The U.S. does NOT need to be involved in another war. I hate the idea of politicians risking the lives of soldiers for someone else's war, someone else's problem, or anything else like that.

But if children are getting beheaded en masse for their faith - hell, for any reason at that - if things are as reported over there, this is a basic humanity problem. Not an Iraq problem. I wish there was an easy way, some means of killing every single one of those animals without harm to anyone else, but I don't know there is.

I suppose it boils down to the worse evil - involving the U.S. in another war, or taking a seat in the stands as a spectator for another genocide, if that is in fact what's going down.

2. falcon123

falcon123 NES Member

Put that tar brush away. The muslims are the only ones still murdering in the name of Islam and they're doing it to any other religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone remind me again why we keep funding the UN? Aren't they supposed to be handling these situations?

1 person likes this.
  3. s4mt3k

s4mt3k NES Member

While we certainly can't be the police of the world, we sure as shit should not be the arms dealer, provider, donator of the world, militants and every new radical muslim group.

jon stewart's take on it: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/yt7an7/automatics-for-the-people

1 person likes this.
  4. s4mt3k

s4mt3k NES Member

lol well sure, but he still makes a very valid point that illustrates what I said

edit: mind you, I'm not stupid enough to actually think that this is just an "oversight" by our esteemed leaders in the US

5. Dench

Dench

We're at the point past insane, past laughable and into some whacked out Tom Clancey novel.

The US has cuased so much bullshit in this region via weapon supply and political meddeling that the entire region is completly destabilized at this point. Is that a problem for me here in the states? No. But it is a problem for this country who continues to give weapons to countries who shouldnt have them. It's been going on for a long, long time.

In 1991 we relocated a shit load of Iraqi armor, shipped it to pakistan and handed it out to whoever was on the dole in Afghanistan. Not many people know that. Those tanks fell into Taliban control. Not that they could maintain them.
    Then we supply the Iraqi army with all sorts of insane shit. And then we give them equipment that they have zero chance of maintaining. The Iraqi .mil couldnt maintain Soviet equipment, which was specifcally made to be easy to maintain in rural regions. How the **** at these people going to maintain complicated maintence pigs like western helicopters? they cant. ever. on their best day.

And here we are today, decades into the bullshit and our friends over at the Islamic State, or whatever those idiots are namining themselves now, have all sorts of fancy old Soviet shit "stolen" from the Iraqi army (which was provided by the US), moved to Syria and is now cuasing more shit in that dump.

Does anyone here not understand how frustrating this is for the locals? I suspect if we had another country on the other side of the globe providing our enemies with shit we wouldnt be to happy either.

Think back to pre 1970's. Was the Middle East a shit hole? Yes. Was it out of control. Sorta. Did anyone ****ing give a single shit in the West? No. And it wasnt a problem. Because no one outside of the region cared enough to make it one. The West gave the Middle East zero credibility, treated it like a backwater and took advtantage of it. Now it's treated like Jesus is about to touch down, is 100% critical to my survival and is more important than my local infrastructure.

Isolate. Ignore. Thats the solution to this problem that doesn't effect us in this country. These clowns have plenty of anger against each other to stay busy fighting among themsevles until the next strong man takes over and locks the region down.

3 people like this.
  6. fencer

fencer NES Member

This is the solution. We need to build 10000 of these. Enforcement Droid 209.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  7. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

The al-Anfal Campaign and genocide of the Kurds? That little road trip into Kuwait? Purging of Shiites?

Maybe you are thinking of somewhere else? Iran? If not, [bs1].

8. falcon123

falcon123 NES Member

I don't care how stupid you are. With a smoking hot body like that, you can be as stupid as you want.

9. Duxprep

Duxprep NES Member

Spot on. This will never happen though because there is too much money to be made from the region. We've sold billions in weapons tech to EVERY SINGLE middle eastern state, including the ones who hate us and support Hamas. Follow the money....

10. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Wow. That's a neat version of history.[rolleyes]

11. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

We need our Hashtag Warrior(#warrior) Michelle on this, right away!

12. browniee

browniee

WITH A MUSLIM FOR A PRESIDENT. WE ARE ALL SHOW. TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS,GUNS,HEALTH CARE AND FLOOD THE COUNTRY WITH GANG MEMBERS ON EBT CARDS. HOW ARE YOUR ODDS.

1 person likes this.
  13. s4mt3k

s4mt3k NES Member

[​IMG]

14. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

Iraq was a crap hole - still is, just a question of what kind of crap you are willing to live with?

Iraq under Saddam - generally pissed of Iran and pretty much everyone else, generally stable and no major entities could operate there due to Saddam not wanting the threat. Treated their people like cattle, not citizens. Ruled via the hammer - the Kurds are an example - they mounted an uprising and failed. WMD's, yes they had them, we took too long going in - a couple weeks back ISIS was reported to have taken over a Chemical Weapons Site.

Iraq under US guidance - they had a chance for freedom, but decided to go tribal and sectarian.

Iraw under ISIS - Kill anyone that doesn't believe as they do. Trying to found the Calaphate - this would link all the muslim countries under sharia law. We can't have this.

In regards to nukes, too much fallout, too much oil that would be unrecoverable, NEUTRON BOMBS, kill all living things, leaves the infrastructure intact. No fallout either.

0bama will delay them long enough so another Benghazi doesn't happen and then ignore it and paint the GOP as worse than ISIS.

15. Dench

Dench

Or we could just isolate and ignore instead of inspiring another generation and an entire portion of the world to attack us.

1 person likes this.
  16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Sooooo - you're going to do exactly what to stop it?

- - - Updated - - -

How about shot in the head and dumped in a ditch?

Or - marched naked into a gas chamber?

How about being left to die from starvation?

All committed by "Christians" by the way.

17. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Tell it to Madelaine Albright.

18. browncoat

browncoat

Hitler didn't do away with religion. In fact, most of the Protestant churches cooperated with the Nazi government. Look up the German Christian movement - hard core Nazi supporting clergy of the evangelical church

19. ntomsw

ntomsw Banned

Disgusting.

20. browncoat

browncoat

The thing that calsdad is referring to, I think, is the fact that in Europe, most of the participants in WWII were Christians. There were Christians that were executed, but not for their faith, they were executed for dissidence, other than the Jehovah's Witnesses who were actually persecuted.

21. GPP

GPP NES Member

Yeah Ive already been over there twice, so Im personally not going to do shit. But I don't think its ok to sit by and watch it happen either, but that's just me.

22. Dench

Dench

American meddling in the region is what caused it in the first place and continues to supply IS via "stolen" equipment that was bought by the US for its puppets.

23. MA_Shooter

MA_Shooter

24. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

25. WBspectrum

WBspectrum

Agreed, but there are those here that think incinerating them in a nuclear holocaust is so much better

1 person likes this.
  26. Mr Weebles

Mr Weebles

I dunno. Ever been stuck next to a crying kid on a plane? I have.

27. GPP

GPP NES Member

The cause of it is waaaaay before our meddling, but we certainly have added to it substantially with our meddling. Anyone in that country 20 years ish or younger knows nothing but Big Green being over there "helping" and then cutting and running. I agree we were there for the wrong reasons, no argument. But now what? Walk away? Turn it to glass? Well we know neither of those things are gonna happen. The whole thing is absolutely beyond ****ed up.

28. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

Yeah like that will work

29. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

We had Saddam in a nice little container. Swat the planes out of the sky and his ability to harass either was pretty limited.

-Mike

30. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Unpossible, Islam is the religion of peace. Just ask, they'll tell you.