Chris Christie Pardons Gun Owner

Christie is running for President and is trying to establish pro 2A credibility. He's not pro 2A and has demonstrated that time and again. Shaneen Allen and this guy are lucky he's running or they'd both be going to prison.

Let me know when he starts pressuring the legislature to repeal the laws that he keeps handing out pardons for.

"[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]As a result, Josey-Davis had a criminal record and was unable to secure a job -- and his dreams of becoming a police officer are dashed."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Lets hope when he becomes a police officer he remembers this situation that almost jammed him up for life...[/FONT]

Lets hope he's given up on the idea altogether....

4[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Lets hope when he becomes a police officer he remembers this situation that almost jammed him up for life...[/FONT]

Christie should have his staff go through the decades and find everyone convicted on these bs gun laws a pardon every one of them.

Christie is running for President and is trying to establish pro 2A credibility. He's not pro 2A and has demonstrated that time and again. .

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons." - Winston Churchill

this makes christie a slightly smaller douche nozzle.

Disagree. Makes it worse. If he wasn't seeking national office this guy would rot. Christie wants his burger with and without cheese. Placate the local progressives with draconian laws and free the high profile offenders to endear himself to middle America.

Disagree. Makes it worse. If he wasn't seeking national office this guy would rot. Christie wants his burger with and without cheese. Placate the local progressives with draconian laws and free the high profile offenders to endear himself to middle America.

The other possibility is he only did this because not doing so may have resulted in a chain of events that would uncover a scandal in his administration.

Sounds far fetched but not improbable given the whole NJ corruption festival going on down there.

-Mike

so christie letting the poor guy fry over BS NJ laws would make christie a smaller douche nozzle?
me no understandy

A PR move to placate the masses, but at least some poor bastard got a break.

Wouldn't trust Christie as far as you could throw him ( and that ain't far [smile] )

I'm no fan of Christie but why in the world are people making this out to be a bad thing?

This is the third time he has done something like this, BTW.

while i'm no chris christie fan, i'm calling bullshit here:

scenario 1 - christie "sticks to the law" and lets these people get fried. they spend the rest of the lives as convicted felons. NESers lament that christie did nothing and thus further supports the notion that he is a two-faced anti-2A turd.

scenario 2 - christie pardons both people (which he has done). NESers now lament that christie is jockeying to get votes and thus further support the notion that he is a two-faced anti-2A turd.

we knew that christie was a turd long before these two pardons. if any of us were governor of NJ, we would be handing out pardons for all sorts of gun related nonsense. in fact I would probably be removed from office for giving out pardons by the truckload. reality is that christie actually did the right thing here, and whether his motive is selfish or not I don't personally care. if any of us were facing felony charges we would hope for the same.

none of this is a source of praise for christie...no way he still sucks. i'm just saying he went from a 10/10 douche-nozzle to maybe a 9.8/10 douche-nozzle.

so christie letting the poor guy fry over BS NJ laws would make christie a smaller douche nozzle?
me no understandy

He's doing it for political gain is the point. If he actually gave a damn he'd point out how ridiculous this is and be an advocate for change. He's happy to have NJ be a police state until his fortunes are affected, then pardons people to show how reasonable he is. He's full of shit, or a douchnozzle as you say, and a big one at that.

Sorry but the guy sounds like a loser -- expired MV registration, no LTC while carrying.... future doesn't sound good for someone with his frame of mind.

Christie is running for President and is trying to establish pro 2A credibility. He's not pro 2A and has demonstrated that time and again. Shaneen Allen and this guy are lucky he's running or they'd both be going to prison.

Bingo!

How do you not pull your registration out before the cop gets there. That's kinda on this guy too. Bs that he got arrested for a legally owned gun but come on dude day one stuff don't ever let a cop look in your glovy

I'm no fan of Christie but why in the world are people making this out to be a bad thing?

This is the third time he has done something like this, BTW.
Because it is too little too late and is just further indication of his (lacking) character.

There have been high profile cases that long predate his recent spats of pardons as well as his AWB support and claiming that "NJ's gun laws work". He still hasn't pardoned some of the worst cases nor has he pushed NJ to fix its completely broken laws.

There is no redeeming his brand of politician.

A almost take it back - here is what Christie would have to do to redeem himself:
1. Take back just about everything he's ever said about gun ownership, the role of government and our rights, etc...

2. Publicly declare NJ's laws unconstitutional and he will not perform any duties of the executive nor disburse any funds until the legislature convenes and emergency session to enact Constitutional Carry, repeal its AWB, etc...

THEN, maybe I'll take his 2A cred' seriously.

Back
Top Bottom