Choosing a MA firearms attorney

jar

A question to folks who've used the services of a MA firearms lawyer, or have consulted with one regarding self defense issues. How did you choose which lawyer to call? The big 3 I see mentioned on NES are Darius Arbabi, Keith Langer, and Jesse Cohen. Anyone else worth considering?

Before I'd start carrying, I'd like to have a consultation with an attorney. I'd like to be familiar with the process and be known to them should I ever need them at 2am. Is there generally a charge associated with something like that, if so, how much could I expect it to be?

If you took the "Art of Concealed Carry" course that Goal offers on 2/21/08 your consultation with Darius will only cost you $60!

You are a Goal Member aren't you!

www.goal.org

Last edited:
Keith and Darius are regular contributors. Trust me, they've read your posts. [wink] Jesse has lectured in the past at Riverside Gun Club's NRA courses. Darius comes to the member shoots, too, BTW.

I went with Darius because I knew him already from IDPA. I'd have no qualms about using Keith or Jesse, though.

I emailed Daruis (sorry for the mis-spell) but he never replied back to me. I was asking about how to get an Alien FID.

Derrick, I "think" the info is posted here in the MA Gun Laws forum. Try using "advanced search" on "alien" for this forum and see if you can find it.

Not sure about alien FIDs....I wasn't even aware they existed until I saw it on the Mass public safety website plus reading someone on this forum that obtained one. I also know that Fed law allows aliens to possess firearms if they have a valid hunting license, which I have a Mass hunting license.

Thats why I want to get some legal services from these attorneys.

LenS, you mention two other MALE attorneys, but if I remember correctly, you told me you knew Karen McNutt as well.

She's a great firearms attorney. She got me through a tough one. Her ad is located in the outdoor message along with Keith, Darius and Jesse.

On the curious note, Im wondering how attorneys can get one through a tough one?

Do they actually go with you to apply? or do they just walk you through the application?

When I was first looking to hire an attorney years ago about a gun license renewal, I asked a couple of guys I know who write for national gun publications, and live in the Boston area.

One guy, a past president of the Hamilton gun club, told me the club used Ed George & Associates. I contacted Mr George, and he put me in touch with Karen MacNutt, who handled my case, successfully.

Between Kieth Langer, Darius Arbabi, Jesse Cohen, Karen MacNutt and Ed George, you have a pretty good selection of talent to represent you. It would be hard to go wrong with any of them.

Let's not turn this into another Guida polishing/hating thread. If someone has used the guy, comment, if not, then don't.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom