• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Choose your jeans thoughtfully

Carhartts.
off topic for a sec....they make great tee shirts. i like their long sleeve tee for winter wear, it's all i'll go out in when the temps dip. and may i add...their pockets don't deteriorate like most others. so, i might give carhartt a try next time i shop for pants. oddly, i don't remember when i stopped caring what pants i wear and just went for comfort.

Im still on the Levi train mostly due to inertia. What are some options for a skinny,6 foot, 48 year old guy with little to no ass? The weight of their material has dropped drastically over the years. Its gotta be half of what it was in the 90's.
Same boat here. Inertia. Their jeans are half the weight and they way I use them last just over a year. I had Levi’s in the early 90s last a decade.

So, brand suggestions for us 6 foot skinny no ass guys would be great. Thanks in advance.

Same boat here. Inertia. Their jeans are half the weight and they way I use them last just over a year. I had Levi’s in the early 90s last a decade.

So, brand suggestions for us 6 foot skinny no ass guys would be great. Thanks in advance.
Can't help. 5' 7.5" and built like a troll.

I myself like Wrangler for all the relaxed fit options. Only trouble is they split in the inseam WAAAYY before any significant wear on the jeans themselves.
you don't have the same problem as mj1's buddy do ya?

IDEUK5b.jpg

Mayhaps I should even ditch the BDU trousers and cargo shorts and go:
The Spartan Utilikilt Camo
if you wear that tactical ear flap cap thing you show in your avatar when you're out and about, i don't think you're gonna rock those kilts as good as you think. your outfit will clash badly, mr. critter.

Last I had heard of them the owner/CEO/Levi's great-great-great grandson/whoever was telling people to not wash their jeans. Just wear them until theyre too scuzzy, throw them away and then go out and buy a replacement pair I assume. (how convenient) All in the name of saving the environment some how. (of course)

Selvidge denim. Raw. You wear it for a year and then wash them for fashion. Could you imagine wearing something for a year just to get it to look right?????

Traitor! Lol

Savers . . . .

I like them for housewares - I've gotten meat slicers, bread makers, a HEPA filter, all sorts of "stuff" for yard sale prices. Also a convenient place to shed stuff that's too good for the trash but don't want.

However, I can't shop for clothes there. I'm about 6'7", 375 lbs and there is NOTHING there in my size. I can't buy off the rack for the same reason. I usually wind up at Men's Wearhouse (they have an on site tailor) and they alter to fit.

I like them for housewares - I've gotten meat slicers, bread makers, a HEPA filter, all sorts of "stuff" for yard sale prices. Also a convenient place to shed stuff that's too good for the trash but don't want.

However, I can't shop for clothes there. I'm about 6'7", 375 lbs and there is NOTHING there in my size. I can't buy off the rack for the same reason. I usually wind up at Men's Wearhouse (they have an on site tailor) and they alter to fit.

The Savers near me has gotten so expensive I stopped going there but will hit up Good will if I need jeans/pants. I'm small enough that most people my size are probably short and have already had their pants hemmed. It's an extra bonus for me!

I buy all my jeans and work pants at Tractor Supply. Catch a sale and pay $10 a pair. Jeans or canvas type. House brand. No issues.

Same. So cheap I don’t care where they’re made. Last as long as Wranglers or longer.

Best part is the pockets are deep enough to pocket carry a Commander 1911 if you wanted.

Tractor supply is 6.6 miles from the new house in Tennessee, gonna have to look at those Carharts. The Duluth Trading firehouse pants sound good too.

But in answer to the thread, I've been wearing Wranglers forever.

Arizona Jeans.

Found some that fit like they were taylored. Bought 15 pairs. I will have Jeans for a while.

This is what Operators wear...

Buy once, cry once. They are expensive but last for years.

Raider Pants...
Is that an ass flap on those Raiders? You can just drop a heat stick anytime you'd like?
That's convenient! :)
087-13T.jpg

Jeans suck. If they get wet they stay wet forever, they're either too loose or too tight , and they hold dirt like a sponge.
Carhartt carpenter pants for me. Light ones in the summer, heavy weight ones when it's cold.
I also like Duluth fire hose pants, especially the built-in pocket holster.
I have been using the Duluth fire hose pants for years. The built in holster holds my P938 like it was made to do it. I get a long time of hard use with them. I have 14 pair for work.

Is that an ass flap on those Raiders? You can just drop a heat stick anytime you'd like?
That's convenient! :)
087-13T.jpg
No, but the back pockets have an expansion snap.

These pants are bomb proof!!!

They are the only pants I have that can carry all my gear.

Here is the Rock sporting a pair...

JumanjiEmail-440x859.jpg JumanjiEmail-440x859.jpg

I’m very tall and skinny. I’ve found the Wranglers are the only jeans I can regularly find in store at the length I want so all my jeans are through them, they’re cut a bit longer. My 10 year old has the same issue and we’ve found the same thing in their kid sizes too.

On a side note, once I started making enough money to look at real clothes rather than Walmart/Old Navy stuff, I was excited to check out the Big and Tall Men’s store (since renamed). Very disappointed to find out they emphasize the big but definitely not the tall [thinking]

I have been using the Duluth fire hose pants for years. The built in holster holds my P938 like it was made to do it. I get a long time of hard use with them. I have 14 pair for work.
Is there a break in period on those? Dont want to feel like I'm wearing cardboard for a month.

Bingo! AK's concealed carry holster is Adidas tracksuit! Ponimaesh? [mg]

Where is Boris and his pics from the range? He should shine some light on this interesting topic!

True operators know the pronunciation; "Adi-das" and his brother Rudolf founded Puma. [laugh]

Extra credit if you had Spot bilt shoes for traction.
41ZH05V0MQL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom