• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Choate 10/22 stock

Hi, all!

I just wanted to share my experience with my new Choate Ruger 10/22 fixed stock.

I got this guy for about $90 (I think) off the Choate site directly. Despite what some of the reviews foretold, I had no issue installing my 10/22 into the stock, nor did I have issue with the barrel band (though it was kind of a bear to put on).

As for the ergonomics....WOW!!! I've always preferred pistol grip-style stock as opposed to standard rifle stocks, so I found myself REALLY enjoying this new application. Unfortunately, I didn't save any of my targets, but I was able to make 2-3" groups consistently at 25yds with ease, and more importantly, without my wrist or arm feeling discomfort.

The Choate subjectively feels lighter than the OEM stock, however, that may be a function of how I am able to hold it with the pistol grip.

Long and short of it, I really, really like it and would happily recommend it to anybody else looking for an alternative 10/22 stock.

that is cool, might have to look into that for my son's. i'm sure he'd love that tacticoolness...[mg]

Back
Top Bottom