• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chip Mccormick mags in a S&W 1911

I have some 10 round and 8 round power mags that I use in my S&W 1911. I reload semi-wadcutters and have no issues with the 10 round mags, but when I use the 8 round mags I get some failures to go into battery. I was able to mark a couple of rounds with a marker to identify the location of the problem. It seems they are getting caught at around the ten o'clock position while entering the chamber and the case at ten o'clock is getting peeled back 1/8 th inch causing it no to chamber. It hapens a various times not on any specific round count. Is it just me or does anyone have similar issues?

I use Power Mags with my S&W 1911 and have never had a problem. They actually seem to work better for me than some others I've tried. Have you tried your reloads with other brand mags?

No, I only have factory mags and chips. Do you use semi-wadcutters also or round nose? I was able to shoot 100 rounds of round nose with no failures the other day.

The standard 8 round mccormick mags have serious FTF problems with my SW1911, and don't lock back either.

Back
Top Bottom