Chinese point of view about America and guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a dupe, I have seen it on here before but I can't remember the title or thread

My buddies in China are green with envy knowing that I'm a gun owner. I go around telling them the why's of 2A and many agree with me. Many also are concerned that China has way too many nutjobs that there would be blood on the street etc. etc. I think next time I go there, I might find a University and do a lecture on 2A rights.

I saw that when I first joined and was reading old posts and resurecting some of them lol. I read all of the comments and remember thinking "wow, its kinda sad that some of these people half a world away understand our constitution better than at least 75% of the american population"

You know this may be real but call me skeptical. I travel to China 6 times a year. I spent 40 days there last year. Most Chinese write in simplified Chinese (Characters). I am trying to understand why this would be in English. Yes, many Chinese know and use English but they are more comfortable with Chinese. I have watched a Chinese guy, who was fluent in English, use an app to type chinese characters on a Blackberry (which looks pretty difficult- sometimes the software does not recognize it and he has to redo it) because he is more comfortable with it..... makes me wonder why this is in English

You know this may be real but call me skeptical. I travel to China 6 times a year. I spent 40 days there last year. Most Chinese write in simplified Chinese (Characters). I am trying to understand why this would be in English. Yes, many Chinese know and use English but they are more comfortable with Chinese. I have watched a Chinese guy, who was fluent in English, use an app to type chinese characters on a Blackberry (which looks pretty difficult- sometimes the software does not recognize it and he has to redo it) because he is more comfortable with it..... makes me wonder why this is in English

Sadly, Chinese people can express their opinions more freely on English websites. You probably read the news about the words such as 'Egypt' and 'Jasmine' being blocked by the popular websites in China.

I probably write in English better than most of my former countrymen, but with China's huge population base, even a small percentage of fluent English reader/writers will come in pretty large numbers.

i kinda agree with 40 Cal.

overall the language is very well formed. ...maybe too well...

but, it's still nice to read.

My buddies in China are green with envy knowing that I'm a gun owner. I go around telling them the why's of 2A and many agree with me. Many also are concerned that China has way too many nutjobs that there would be blood on the street etc. etc. I think next time I go there, I might find a University and do a lecture on 2A rights.

I noticed several comments with that view. I started wondering why they would think that way. Maybe they have that view because they've grown up with a very authoritarian government that controls most aspects of their lives, and therefore believe that if those controls were loosened the people would act out? It's almost like they consider themselves children and the government is their parent. I'm not trying to be condescending, but I find it to be a very negative outlook regarding your fellow citizens.

It might also be why so many statists here in our country are also anti-gun. They can't trust themselves with certain freedoms and don't believe other citizens can be trusted with them so they want to limit "dangerous freedoms" for everyone.

The comments are interesting.

Some of the posts are translated on the site and can be read in Chinese by clicking on the appropriate post

Chineese covet all sorts of American stuff. Like cars with bigger than 1 liter engines in them, decent home appliances like you can buy in any sears or home depot, the ability to vote, etc etc. Give them some time, they may come around to our point of view.

I work with a guy from Mylasia. He submitted his LTC app the day after he was sworn in as a citizen, and was proud as a new parent when his license came in.

Lighten up Francis, youve been a member for a month. Are you not intelligent enough to read post #2?

Yeah, the internet and the forum has only been around for a month.( I could have inserted any name here )
Grow up.

Last edited:
Yeah, the internet and the forum has only been around for a month.
Grow up.

Go step another thread or bring something to the table to share. Post #2 said it was a dupe done and over. Why are you arguing? Move on

overall the language is very well formed. ...maybe too well...

I manage some software developers in China. Their written English is often quite good. In fact, their written English is usually better than their spoken English.

Chineese covet all sorts of American stuff. Like cars with bigger than 1 liter engines in them, decent home appliances like you can buy in any sears or home depot, the ability to vote, etc etc. Give them some time, they may come around to our point of view.

For the record, Chineese like Grman and Italain cars, and Bosch appliances too.

I manage some software developers in China. Their written English is often quite good. In fact, their written English is usually better than their spoken English.

I work with my share of researchers that can't speak a lick, but write better than the interns from Northeastern.

http://www.engrish.com/

Dododo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom