Chinese Helmets sold by US companies

I have seen a noticable increase in chinese helmets in web ads lately. Are they awful?

Nanchang industries seems to be the common supplier.

http://jjwsy.en.alibaba.com/

Seen ads on facebook from CPG, Contingency Procurement Group, and they seem to be sourcing from Nanchang. There is a Russian forum page that from google translate seemed to be doubting the integrity of Nanchang, of course now I cannot find it. https://www.facebook.com/cpgroupinc/?fref=photo

CPG has quite a few likes on facebook, must be spending some money on ads. At 100 bucks in margin a helmet not surprising.

If they are garbage figured it was worth bringing to people attention, seems a bad buy to me.

Why a helmet? My ball cap is not broken, my beany for the winter is perfectly fine, and I don't jump out of aircrafts anymore (was a horrible habit to begin with).

Why a helmet? My ball cap is not broken, my beany for the winter is perfectly fine, and I don't jump out of aircrafts anymore (was a horrible habit to begin with).
I am not in the market for one, one can acquire a mich for cheaper if you wanted one. However if these are not performing to the standard they should be is it not better to have the info out there? They certainly seem to be generating some serious sales volume.

Why risk your life on "made in China" just to save a few dollars when plenty of reputable manufacturers exist with the quality assurance testing to back up their product?

Why risk your life on "made in China" just to save a few dollars when plenty of reputable manufacturers exist with the quality assurance testing to back up their product?
If they perform I do not see why not. If they do not perform they should be outed.

Their ads are all over FB and IG. I don't know how you can sell a helmet with what is normally a $70 harness alone for $300 unless the product is crap.

Smells like airsoft knockoff garbage.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Their ads are all over FB and IG. I don't know how you can sell a helmet with what is normally a $70 harness alone for $300 unless the product is crap.

Smells like airsoft knockoff garbage.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The suspected source sells them for 200 a piece.

I think it's safe to assume that they are junk. If a person thinks a time may come where they'll need some IIIa armor on their head, they should spend the scratch for the real thing.

BTW - it says on the link in the OP - "FAST Ballistic helmet,FAST airsoft helmet"

Had to turn my script blocker off to see the whole page. Given my experience with claims made about assorted Chinese-made tools, I'd still not trust their claims of IIIa protection.

Guess the only way to know for sure is to blast away at one and see what happens.

I wish someone had shot one. These helmets are allegedly being sold by US companies as well. CPG seems to be selling quite a few.

Anyone have 200 bucks in exchange for a video? [rofl]

I wish someone had shot one. These helmets are allegedly being sold by US companies as well. CPG seems to be selling quite a few.

Anyone have 200 bucks in exchange for a video? [rofl]

Organize a gofundme for testing solely purposes

Back
Top Bottom