China making Glocks now...

uhh. No. Its still a counterfeit

A 1911 made by Norinco (or S&W or Ruger or Kimber or whoever) is a copy, if it says "Norinco" (or S&W etc.) on it. If it says COLT on it, it's a counterfeit.

There's a difference between making a copy with your own name and making a copy and pretending it was made by the original.

One is a knock-off or copy, the other is counterfeit.

From two seconds of googling it looks like Gaston still has a few design patents that are active relating to the current versions of the Glock.
It's true that we'll probably never see and Grroks in the US due to import restrictions, but even then Glock could probably have grounds keep Norinco knock off's off the streets with trademark protection via "consumer confusion".
That being said the I doubt Norinco's target market is the US or western countries. It's probably really shitty places that don't give a shit about patents or trademarks.

uhh. No. Its still a counterfeit
You have a lack of understanding of some basic issues.

Would you consider generic drugs "counterfeit?". It's the same concept - copying of an off patent design, while truthfully labeling the product as made by a manufacturer other than the original making the name brand version.

Perhaps the Norinco should be called a "generic Glock".

"Counterfeit" would be producing a non-Glock company making clone with the Glock logo, and representing it to be manufactured by Glock.

Duplicating an in-patent design, while truthfully labeling it with the alternate manufactuer's name, is "patent infringement", not "counterfeit".

A 1911 made by Norinco (or S&W or Ruger or Kimber or whoever) is a copy, if it says "Norinco" (or S&W etc.) on it. If it says COLT on it, it's a counterfeit.

There's a difference between making a copy with your own name and making a copy and pretending it was made by the original.

One is a knock-off or copy, the other is counterfeit.
Don't waste your time. Ignorant is as ignorant does.

You have a lack of understanding of some basic issues.

Would you consider generic drugs "counterfeit?". It's the same concept - copying of an off patent design, while truthfully labeling the product as made by a manufacturer other than the original making the name brand version.

Perhaps the Norinco should be called a "generic Glock".

"Counterfeit" would be producing a non-Glock company making clone with the Glock logo, and representing it to be manufactured by Glock.

Duplicating an in-patent design, while truthfully labeling it with the alternate manufactuer's name, is "patent infringement", not "counterfeit".
You put it a little more eloquently.....I just straight up called him ignorant.

The Grrok. [puke]
This is not cool.
However...I've read that a Glock costs about 40-80 per gun to manufacture and was originally going to be marketed as 200-300 dollar gun but bumped the price to establish a high perceived quality. Having a ultra low cost clone might force them to drop their prices.

Grok - Wikipedia

Having a ultra low cost clone might force them to drop their prices.
Having a low cost does not force one to drop prices. A competitor having a low cost can have that effect. Important difference.

The Grrok. [puke]

Wouldn't that be a Chock ???
Like what you put under the wheels of a truck ???

I can't complain about any norinco gun I have ever owned

I have a Browning SA-22 clone and the thing is impressive for it's trigger, accuracy and functionality.
It's by far the best $100 gun I ever bought. With the exception of the wood quality and bluing, this will hold it's own against the genuine article, and it was 1/4 the price. Plus I'm not worried about taking it out in the woods and getting it banged up. It's such a close copy that genuine Browning parts will fit it.

lf

These are now listing in the $200-450 range

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be a Chock ???
Like what you put under the wheels of a truck ???

I have a Browning SA-22 clone and the thing is impressive for it's trigger, accuracy and functionality.
It's by far the best $100 gun I ever bought. With the exception of the wood quality and bluing, this will hold it's own against the genuine article, and it was 1/4 the price. Plus I'm not worried about taking it out in the woods and getting it banged up. It's such a close copy that genuine Browning parts will fit it.

lf

These are now listing in the $200-450 range
I know 3 people that shoot cowboy action matches and they stand by their norinco 1897 shotgun copies! Of course they are not the wood and bluing of an original browning 1897.......but they get the job done and qualify as a period shotgun for cowboy action......and they are cheap as hell.

I also have zero complaints about my norinco sks.

Gwocks will come in exact same models (although the #'s will be reversed) as the original. Same internals. Same everything.

Maura will approve them for MA sale even though they are EXACT Glock replica's because "it's for the poor children of China."

Back
Top Bottom