China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

I think one of the major reasons why China talked about U.S. human rights or whatever subject matter is, because we bitch about China all the time, so they bitch back, big deal. We all know both sides got their hands dirty.

Last edited:
I don't think China would want to invade U.S. at all, invest could be a better term. If China screws up U.S. economy, who is going to pay them back!

The Chinese is kind of "force" to buy US treasury bonds, so they don't loose their value.

china is just afraid their people getting wise to gun ownership and them being able to do something about their living condition, in regards to and invasion, i dont believe their comment has anything to do with that but a cool thing I remember hearing i think on the history channel, the japanese said in WW2 that there would be an american behind every blade of grass with a gun if the invaded mainland US

Yamamoto did advise against going to war with America. Not because there would be a "rifle behind every blade of glass", but because he had lived and studied in the US and knew what US factories and workers could produce. Which is why he proposed both the Pearl Harbor and Midway attacks. He figured that the Japanese would have about six months of free reign in the Pacific after Pearl Harbor. After that, the production capabilities of the US would out strip Japans and America would be able to counter attack and defeat Japan.

Note that the Japanese defeat at Midway happened six months after Pearl Harbor.

I don't think Japan ever intended to invade the mainland US. They did want to invade Hawaii, which was part of what the Midway operation was about. Their strategy was to take Midway and then Hawaii. Which would give them a nice forward base to threaten the US and hopefully force the US to sue for peace and let the Japanese get on with capturing Australia.

But I digress.

did want to invade Hawaii, which was part of what the Midway operation was about.

It is obvious that the US felt there was a real possibility the Japanese would succeed at this. US wartime currency circulated in the island was overprinted HAWAII, so that in the event of occupation, said funds could be declared "invalid" or "enemy currency".

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Kind of like the conversation between a German and a Swiss.

There is a story, possibly apocryphal but awesome nonetheless, that a ranking German (possibly the Kaiser) was visiting and watching the Swiss military on their summer maneuvers. He asked the Swiss commander, "How big a force do you command?"

The Swiss general confidently replied, "I can mobilize one million men in twenty-four hours."

The German asked, "What would happen if I marched five million men in here tomorrow?"

The Swiss replied, "Each of my men will fire five shots and go home."
[laugh]

I don't think Japan ever intended to invade the mainland US. They did want to invade Hawaii, which was part of what the Midway operation was about. Their strategy was to take Midway and then Hawaii. Which would give them a nice forward base to threaten the US and hopefully force the US to sue for peace and let the Japanese get on with capturing Australia.

But I digress.

Well they did invade the Aleutian Islands, and held the islands of Attu and Kiska for about a year.

The ALCAN Highway was built to be able to be able to move the military into Alaska just in case.

Last edited:
前來參加他們

I admire the effort! Your words mean 'Come join them!' [laugh]

But what did you expect to have ancient Greek translated to English, then have Google translate the English word with 343 definitions ('take') into Chinese?

来拿吧 is the most faithful translation I can think of 'Come take them!' based on its context.

Back
Top Bottom