• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

schnips

NES Member
http://www.examiner.com/article/china-condemns-u-s-gun-ownership-as-human-rights-violation

“The United States prioritizes the right to keep and bear arms over the protection of citizens' lives and personal security and exercises lax firearm possession control, causing rampant gun ownership,” the report claims. “The U.S. people hold between 35 percent and 50 percent of the world' s civilian-owned guns, with every 100 people having 90 guns [and] 47 percent of American adults reported that they had a gun.”

Because if anyone knew about human rights violations, it would be China.

It's a good strategic move for China. We'd be much easier to invade if we were disarmed.

They don't need to invade us, they own the US lock, stock, and barrel.

They have our technology, our machine tools and processes, our manufacturing, and most of all they hold the mortgage on the White House and the rest of the US

If they try to foreclose there will be problems though

The Chinese economy is a Ponzi scheme that Madoff would be proud of.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Ya, this from the people who disappear your family for questioning the wisdom of the government, and firing the management staff of government factories by literal firing squad in the parking lot. I wonder if they did it as a favor for Barry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dontWant2.png

They have our technology, our machine tools and processes, our manufacturing, and most of all they hold the mortgage on the White House and the rest of the US

If they try to foreclose there will be problems though

As of Sept 30, 2010 (last data I have) China holds 7.5% of the US National debt - $1 trillion US dollars.

US Citizens and US based Investment institutions hold 42% and social security holds 17.9%

China just happens to be the single largests foreign investor in US debt.

It's a good strategic move for China. We'd be much easier to invade if we were disarmed.

For sure that's where this article is going. ....

Yeah. The land of aborted baby soilent green pills and lead toys is where who we want to take human rights abuse critiques from. GMAFB.

you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm sure that's what the union wants you to think, though.

Even without considering Invading the US, China would have more clout to deal witht he US if they believed they could reasonably fight a military battle with the US. The one thing China can boast militarily over the US is man-power (raw numbers), however if it came to war, the US's heavily armed populas would out-number any military force China could muster and bring to bear on US soil.

The second issue is China fears the sense of freedom its people see from exposure to the Weatern World, including the availability of firearms in the US. Chinese engineers, businessmen and Students visiting the US as well as those who work with US counter parts, are exposed to these freedoms, and their people increasingly want access to these freedoms, which undermines the Chinese government's strangle hold on their own people.

- - - Updated - - -

right talk about the pot calling the kettle black or however that saying goes

It's the cast iron pot calling the copper kettle black though.

Even without considering Invading the US, China would have more clout to deal witht he US if they believed they could reasonably fight a military battle with the US. The one thing China can boast militarily over the US is man-power (raw numbers), however if it came to war, the US's heavily armed populas would out-number any military force China could muster and bring to bear on US soil.

Not to mention fighting on soil they have no knowledge of against resistance that could be hiding anywhere, heck they would have to deploy a Company with armored support to hold a gas station, not to mention they would have to get by the U.S. Navy to even think about landing anything effective here. Ya my money is highly unlikely to nearly impossible

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's the cast iron pot calling the copper kettle black though.

thank you

The second issue is China fears the sense of freedom its people see from exposure to the Weatern World, including the availability of firearms in the US. Chinese engineers, businessmen and Students visiting the US as well as those who work with US counter parts, are exposed to these freedoms, and their people increasingly want access to these freedoms, which undermines the Chinese government's strangle hold on their own people.

Good.

Let them come here with their dreams of freedom, buy lots of guns, work hard, and get themselves into the ranks of voters (from all available "boxes") that want to keep their new homeland free. Some of the best Americans I've met didn't start off that way, and do not take their freedoms for granted. Not only can the strong be born and bred by strong Americans, but they can also be created when they come here from an oppressive state and see what it is to live your own life without looking over your shoulder. These are truly our countrymen - in heart if not in appearance, accent, or color.

Let China shout down their liberty minded citizens - that will only drive them to us and swell the ranks of the liberty minded already here.

Good.

Let them come here with their dreams of freedom, buy lots of guns, work hard, and get themselves into the ranks of voters (from all available "boxes") that want to keep their new homeland free. Some of the best Americans I've met didn't start off that way, and do not take their freedoms for granted. Not only can the strong be born and bred by strong Americans, but they can also be created when they come here from an oppressive state and see what it is to live your own life without looking over your shoulder. These are truly our countrymen - in heart if not in appearance, accent, or color.

Let China shout down their liberty minded citizens - that will only drive them to us and swell the ranks of the liberty minded already here.

+1 I have met more people from other places originally that have a better understanding of what liberty is than those that grew up here, you see this with transplants into NH, the folks that come here from MA seem overwhelmingly liberty minded where natives don't

Funny cause that was the concern with the Japanese during WWII. They feared planning any kind of land invasion of the U.S. Due to the number of gun owners here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Funny cause that was the concern with the Japanese during WWII. They feared planning any kind of land invasion of the U.S. Due to the number of gun owners here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

If they thought it was a problem back THEN..... ;)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

+1 I have met more people from other places originally that have a better understanding of what liberty is than those that grew up here, you see this with transplants into NH, the folks that come here from MA seem overwhelmingly liberty minded where natives don't

Alot of my close friends are like this, they dont understand what they have and how easily it can be affected, they dont get involved with politics because their view is they will worry about it when they are 40, right now they just wanna have "fun"

- - - Updated - - -

Hey China:
funny-gifs-who.gif

[rofl] u mad bro

It's hard to appreciate what you have, until you've had to live without it. True of many, many things - Liberty, Money, Food, Security.

I agree that many immigrants who have come to the US seeking liberty are much more liberty minded than native born Americans who have lived their whole lives bathed in it. I certainly wasn't knocking Chinese immigrants (I work with a number of wonderful Chinese Immigrants) and I hope my statement never came off as such.

I was trying to point out that China has become increasingly vocal against the liberties offered to citizens of other countries as their subjects have become increasingly exposed to the freedoms enjoyed across the world and their subjects become increasingly aware of the difference between Chinese life and life in other developed nations.

Back
Top Bottom