Chilean Mauser 1895

I need some help. I inherited a chilean mauser 1895 from a relative that is in great condition. The only problem is that it has been sporterized for use as a hunting rifle. I want to return it to its original appearance but cannot locate a stock anywhere. I check ebay, craigslist and the internet daily and come up empty handed. Does anyone have any ideas where else I can find an original stock?

Check Gunboards.com. Register there and check the forum section that deals specifically with this type of rifle. You may have a long search ahead of you but building something back from Bubba is often a long road and worth the effort in the end.

I will certainly take you up on that but I first need the stock or the bayonet does me no good. I will check the recommended sites. All good points. Thank you everyone.

Check w/ Sarco, Numrich, and don't forget old gunsmiths!!! Since many rifles were sportered, they often have a pile of old stocks.

Chilean mausers, when in good condition, go for around $500-$600.

try to find one that's all rusted, you should find one for $100, maybe less, and just use the stock.

thats what i will do with my 71/84. It was sitting at kittery for a year, it was $200. All numbers matching. about 80% of the bluing. But it was only $200 because the stock is beat to s--t. that thing looks like it went through both world wars. All i need to do is find one with a crappy barrel, but good stock, replace it, and i have a gun thats worth 3-4 times more than the one i bought.

Back
Top Bottom