• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Children out sledding come across loaded gun in Malden

Lanyards making a comeback anytime soon...?
intro-1548270000.jpg

I think that was called "Luger-athon" "Lugar-athon"...
FTFY.

To the "why would you need a gun sledding" comment in the article.
Frickin' coot dogs that's why. Even a medium size one 'round these parts take that 380 and cram it right up that fellows butt like Buttijeg on a Saturday night.
'Round here one goes sledding they best pack the .44. Couple speed loaders extra as well.
coyote.jpg

The guy calls police directly after losing it telling them he lost it. Gets into trouble because kids found it before he or the police did? What was their response time to come find it after he called? I see no wrongs here. Can't buy a Glock (from ffl) in this state but you can go into a shop and buy an Uncle Mikes holster LOL what a joke

To the "why would you need a gun sledding" comment in the article. You never know when there will be an active shooter in your area and you need to protect innocent lives from death. If that was me, I would have chosen a holster with some sort of locking mechanism especially for that kind of activity.
This 100% any time I'm doing something like that, sledding, atv, mountain biking, dirt biking, etc. I am carrying either in a front pocket where it's very unlikely to fall out or I will wear a retention holster like a safariland als or a holster with a thumb break or some other positive retention. Your gun is ultimately your responsibility and weapon retention sometimes takes precedent over concealment. In a situation like that carrying owb in a retention holster under a jacket or untucked shirt or something is totally acceptable, it might print a little but that's a 1000x better than some Karen calling the cops because little johnny found it in a snow bank. Still bullshit that they suspended his ltc though.

My principal in CA 20 years ago let me teach my elementary school students gun safety a la NRA Eddie Eagle. My principal in MA emphatically declined, citing how upset the parents of Acton would be. Brilliant plan, not teaching safety. Duh!

Hmm..
Drop keys still have drivers license
Drop wrench still have plumbing license
Drop gun lose gun license..
Which one of these things is a RIGHT again?

Back
Top Bottom