Chief executives of 145 companies urge Senate to pass gun control laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

commodon

NES Member
Well, I guess this adds to the list of companies to boycott...

Chief executives of 145 companies urge Senate to pass gun control laws

Leaders of 145 companies wrote a letter to the Senate on Thursday, urging the legislative body to take action on gun safety.

The letter notes recent gun violence in Chicago, Newport News, Virginia, and other places, calling it a “public health crisis.” But the leaders also say that gun violence is preventable, and lawmakers can step in to head off tragedies.

That’s why we we urge the Senate to stand with the American public and take action on gun safety by passing a bill to require background checks on all gun sales and a strong Red Flag law that would allow courts to issue life-saving extreme risk protection orders,” they wrote in the letter.

Red flag laws, which are also known as extreme risk laws, allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court to prevent someone temporarily from obtaining firearms.

These proposals are common-sense, bipartisan and widely supported by the American public. It is time for the Senate to take action,” the letter concludes.

From Chief executives of 145 companies urge Senate to pass gun control laws

Attachments

• 2019-09-12 - Letter to the Senate.pdf
    446.8 KB · Views: 37
Someday, if we're lucky, their companies will be on a government list labeled as "Dangerous"...

I wonder how many of these CEOs have armed security details. I know that some big companies keep this very low key and don't make a show of it, but they are many CEOs you can't get near without being in the presence of a defensive firearm - even on "no guns" corporate campuses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom