• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicopee Sportsmensclub Reopening?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
I just got a text from Chicopee Sportsmensclub that they will be reopening this coming Sunday, members only, ranges limited to 10 people max, maintain social distancing of 6 ft or greater.

Not on the webpage yet.

I wonder if they will refund the time it was closed until it opens?
Gun "clubs" tend to be actual clubs - a shared non-profit in which everyone has a stake in the action, they aren't businesses in the traditional sense. Part of the stake in the action includes things like tolerating closures, paying higher dues if the septic tank shits the bed, etc.

Businesses that call themselves "clubs" but are not are an entirely different matter (health club, doobie of the month club, record club(*), etc.) and refunds from those sorts of clubs are appropriate.

* - I guess I just dated myself there.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter to me. I'm a life member. The dues are pretty low and the club's overhead is still the same so I don't see that happening.

That’s nice. I would never join for a lifetime membership because thoughts of living here for the rest of my life is downright depressing. As soon an my son is out of college, I am gone. Perhaps costal SC or GA.

Is the Chicopee Sportsman’s Club pretty nice?

Anyone go to Chicopee today? I am a member but was thinking it would be crowded even with the rain. I am hoping to get there some afternoon this week.

Had planned to go but wasn't feeling good (NOT Covid-19 related). Hope someone will post a report.

Back
Top Bottom