• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicopee Petition - Remove and Stop LTC-A Restrictions

He said he never carries off duty nor do many of his officers. He said they don't want the hassle and prefer to leave their work stuff at the office.

Did you ask him what color the sky is in his world?

And I agree with that most of the time. I don't want to have a firearm on my person 24/7, its a pain in the ass in a lot of cases. I just dont want to go to jail because I wanted to carry in a particular situation and I should have the right to choose when to bear and when to keep my arms.

Jesse, I just left you a voice mail. Give me a call when you a minute, I have a couple questions for you. Thanks.

He said he never carries off duty nor do many of his officers. He said they don't want the hassle and prefer to leave their work stuff at the office.
Its good to know that the police in that town are clock watchers. Sorry, I cant arrest that criminal, my shift just ended.
Sounds like the LEOs don't want the hassle of dealing with the chief, not the hassle of CCW lifestyle.

It should be noted that the officer you meet with for you application meeting says explicitly that "All LTC-A are issued with either H&T or Sport" 100%. I would love to see the stats from the PD. Disclose the information.

It should be noted that the officer you meet with for you application meeting says explicitly that "All LTC-A are issued with either H&T or Sport" 100%. - That has been standard policy for the Chicopee PD for many years now.

I would love to see the stats from the PD. Disclose the information. - They would never come clean with the truth, because it would be that they don't ever issue LTC-A without restrictions cards.

Did you ask him what color the sky is in his world? I'm sure in the Chief's world everything is rose colored; it's all rainbows and such. Hell he's probably going to get to stay in office for 20 or 30 years like the last dirty Chief and then retire off his big fat pension.

As for the all powerful police chief saying that he and all his armed goons prefer to leave their work (firearms) at the job and that they don't carry off duty, I call BS!
If for some crazy reason the high and mighty Chief is telling us the truth don't you feel safer knowing that an off duty Chicopee police officer can't do shit to stop a violent crime?

Folks if you believe all the crap that the Chicopee Police Chief is selling; "I take it on a case by case basis" or "Me and my officers would never want to carry off duty" well then your being had. He's selling a bunch of snake oil.

What happens when unarmed off duty officer Stevens while out in town runs into some thug that he busted a week or two ago? A unarmed officer Stevens would get beat down. I don't buy for one second that they all go unarmed when off duty.

smitty

Last edited:
Well we've slowed down. Only 33 signatures after 3 days. NES members, do you know anyone who lives in Chicopee? Please ask them to sign.

I went out with a crowed last night and sent them e-mails this morning. Hopefully they sign it today. One friend in Chicopee who absolutely wants to sign it. Her house was broken into while she was home and scared the guy off. She went to the station to ask about getting an LTC after the incident and they basically laughed at her saying she couldn't get e permit with no restrictions.

If the cops arent carrying off duty then why is it mando that they purchase a concealment holster and carry off duty? Or did that change when a certain patrolman (whose mother lives next to the previous chief) left his service glock in a crapper stall at a noho restaurant/ bar?

I just love the fact that if something is going down and I see a CPD cop I know, who is off duty, that he will be powerless to stop anything. That makes me feel so safe in my city.

Their policy has been for quite some time nobody gets "no restrictions" or ALP unless they are law enforcement. They arent even consistent with that.

Does he carry?
If so does that mean he thinks his life is worth protecting more than yours?
Change your address to a green town. You must know someone that lives in a green town? Apply then switch when you get it.. i have no clue if that would work :D
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Simple, point this out to him [devil2]
http://www.kc3.com/editorial/40reasons.htm
36. Citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection but police chiefs, who are desk-bound administrators who work in a building filled with cops, need a gun.

It should be noted that the officer you meet with for you application meeting says explicitly that "All LTC-A are issued with either H&T or Sport" 100%. I would love to see the stats from the PD. Disclose the information.

That is correct and in the past it was impossible to meet with formed CLEO as he absolutely refused to meet with any resident to discuss it.

Has there ever been a concerted effort to take advantage of the clause allowing business owners to apply in the town hosting their business address? Basically rent a small space in a green town, set up a LLC or cooperative to, for example, order ammunition by mail, and all the "owners" (who happen to live in red towns) can apply in that green town?

The way I read the law, it doesn't apply to non-resident permits, so I lost interest in the concept.

Has there ever been a concerted effort to take advantage of the clause allowing business owners to apply in the town hosting their business address? Basically rent a small space in a green town, set up a LLC or cooperative to, for example, order ammunition by mail, and all the "owners" (who happen to live in red towns) can apply in that green town?

The way I read the law, it doesn't apply to non-resident permits, so I lost interest in the concept.

Yes. However, it is a huge pain in the ass and it could be considered fraud if it is not a legitimate business.

I think that the best way to get the word out to Chicopee Residents is to Contact the local gun clubs and get the word out through them via their newsletters or direct email if the clubs have their email addresses.

Just a thought.

Bob

I think that the best way to get the word out to Chicopee Residents is to Contact the local gun clubs and get the word out through them via their newsletters or direct email if the clubs have their email addresses.

Just a thought.

Bob

A good thought - I did that this morning before work! Emails went out to all clubs west of Worcester and South of Northampton. I also emailed the firearm retail locations.
If you know anyone who lives or works in Chicopee, ask them to sign!
http://www.change.org/petitions/cit...inue-restrictions-on-license-to-carry-permits

I know an officer there who has said different that most of them carry off duty. I would if I was an officer. As an officer you interact with criminals on a daily basis. Why would you think not one person you interacted with wouldn't try some sort of retaliation ever?

I know an officer there who has said different that most of them carry off duty. I would if I was an officer. As an officer you interact with criminals on a daily basis. Why would you think not one person you interacted with wouldn't try some sort of retaliation ever?

Agreed. It was a short sited comment on his part. Likely BS but nothing anyone can prove either way.

BUMP

If we can not get some more people to sign the BIG CHIEF will look down on this petition.
I swear to God, I'd like to take the SOB to court over this.

Folks get everybody gun owning person you know in Chicopee to sign this thing.

smitty

Has anybody thought about going to a public venue in Chicopee to try and drum up signatures?
It's just a thought, but they do so for every other cause on earth. Such as the petition to save the gay albino sea creatures and the like.

Unfortunately, most of the people one would encounter an important public venue in Chicopee are either human vermin, don't speak English, or are liberal anti gun retards.

smitty

Last edited:
Smitty, for now I'm trying to keep this in "our house". If things don't work out and no more progress is made then perhaps we'll open it up. Keeping things under the radar has been suggested by some of the pros until we have some more progress. We need more signatures from NES, Goal, NRA members.

Supporters,

We have harnessed quite a bit power and strength in numbers here in western MA. We have the attention of many but need many more people in our ranks.

This morning I drove out to Framingham to meet with Attorney Jesse Cohen. Attorney Cohen and I discussed strategy.

We decided that what is best for our Chicopee initiative is to gather as much support as we canwithin the firearms community. That we should build a strong powerbase before trying to plead our case to town officials, local politicians, the media, etc. etc. Especially in light of the recent Colorado shooting, the non-gun owning crowd is at best going to ignore our outcry and at worst will take notice and argue that only LTC Bs should be issued. In the meantime, Jesse urged me to encourage everyone to become members of GOAL and Comm2a. He also said that the current members of these organizations should upgrade their memberships, make donations, volunteer, etc.

Jesse said that the key to acheiving sweeping change in Massachusetts firearms laws is to bring new energy and support to Comm2A and GOAL.

I ask, in the mean time, that everyone continues to gather support amongst gun owners from various western MA communities but avoid pleading our case to the non-gunowners and mainstream media.

I will be updating the petition to include all of western MA so that we can make a collective and larger effort when/if the time comes to present it. I do ask that if you sign the petition that you please PM me your email address so I can keep you up to date on our progress. When we have made some real progress I will email each supporter and schedule a gathering to discuss our next steps. Again though, please don't present this petition to any of our public officials or media. It's not that we need to hide it, it's just that there is a more strategic maneuver at play right now.

I am so grateful for the outpouring of support I have received since drafting this petition. In Jesse's opinion, our efforts with this petition has shown that we have the skills to effect significant political change.

Thank you all and keep up the good work.

I support you idea and ideals. I would suggest that you make your petition a bit more coherent, remove the typo, and fix the punctuation. Once it gets to the general populace, they need to understand the issue, why the arbitrary nature of issuance is unfair, that there are no definitions or explanations of what the various restrictions mean, and the huge hassles we go through to obtain an LTC.

Back
Top Bottom