• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicopee Petition - Remove and Stop LTC-A Restrictions

Chicopee Residents,

In an effort to remove and stop blanket LTC restrictions in Chicopee, MA I am putting together a petition to give to the acting Chief, Mayor, Senator, and Representative. If you live in Chicopee and support the removal of confusing restrictions please follow the link to sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/cit...nket-restrictions-on-license-to-carry-permits

Thank you in advance for your support and please encourage other residents to follow suit.

Last edited:
How about former Chicopee residents who were denied an LTC for "Personal Protection"?

17 signatures in the first day, so off to an OK start. We really need to get this moving, so if there is anyone that you know who lives in Chicopee, MA please point them in the direction of this petition.

To hell with the city government in Chicopee.
The former police chief was a bastard if there ever was one, once a Marine always a Marine my ass.
I hope he gets cancer so the few decent people that live in this town don't have to pay his pension for long.

If I hadn't have had my LTC (without restrictions) before I moved here two years ago I'd of been restricted.

smitty

Last edited:
To hell with the city government in Chicopee.
The formere police chief was a bastard if there ever was one, once a Marine always a Marine my ass.
I hope that he gets cancer so the decent people that live in this town don't have to pay his pention for long.

If I hadn't have already had my LTC (without restrictions) before I moved to Chicopee two years ago I'd of been restricted.

smitty

Smitty, did you sign the petition?

Smitty, did you sign the petition?

You bet ya, hopefully it will help somebody else on down the road.
I've got younger Marines who are living in Chicopee and are about to try for a permit right now.

smitty

Last edited:
Thats actually a major factor for why I started this. I was at the range last week and a couple Westover guys were there. They had just gotten their permits in Chicopee and despite their current active duty status, even they were given restrictions...

Couple months ago they were handling autos in the dessert - now they're not trusted with a semi 10cap handgun??!? It's nonsense.

Are you looking for signatures from non-Chicopee residents? If so I can put it on my Facebook page and make some calls to various guys "in the business".

Jesse, thank you for the support. I think the Chicopee signatures would probably be the most effective in this case, but your more of an expert on the subject. If you could put it on your FB page that would be great no matter what. Do what you think is best. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is there any recourse that the PD could take against me for petitioning for these rights?

....he declined to remove the restrictions based on unsatisfactory justification for an unrestricted license....

Justification #1: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Justification #2: "The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it."

Sounds like another little Napoleon....

Last edited:
Jesse,

Call him back in twelve month's for statistics. I'd bet business as usual long delays in applications no LTC A's. I have friends and relatives in Chicopee no one moves through their system timely.

My brother has LTC-A there but had to prove business ownership and large cash deposits to the last Chief.

That is 100% BS. He has had several people contact him asking to lift restrictions. I have spoken with no less than 5 people in the last week who have submitted requests. I met with him and he stated that I needed to prove that I had a need to protect myself, he then stated that pepper spray was the best option and that was all I would ever need to carry. Moreover, no one should have to prove anything to anyone, that burden is on him to show why someone should not have an ALP. Lastly, I have yet to meet a single permit holder in Chicopee (who applied in Chicopee and within the last 4+ years) that has no restrictions.

Jesse, anything else you can do in this case? Or anything else I should do?

He is most certainly taking advantage of the optional restriction. The law states that a restriction may be placed on an individual if the IA feels it necessary. The petition will start to show the some numbers of folks who are unhappy with these restrictions. Everyone should call this new Chief and voice their opinions.

Another comment he made was that he "didn't want to put me in the position of facing prosecution in MA if I defended myself, it would be fair to me". Again, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Does he carry?
If so does that mean he thinks his life is worth protecting more than yours?
Change your address to a green town. You must know someone that lives in a green town? Apply then switch when you get it.. i have no clue if that would work :D
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Another comment he made was that he "didn't want to put me in the position of facing prosecution in MA if I defended myself, it would be fair to me". Again, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

What a guy. See, he's looking out for you!

Does he carry? - YOU BET YOUR ASS HE DOES.
If so does that mean he thinks his life is worth protecting more than yours? - YES, HIS LIFE IS WAY MORE VALUABLE THAN YOURS (HE'S DA BIG OLD CHIEF)!

This shit pisses me off! Same god damn circus just with a different clown in charge. He's not the freaking voice of the government, so who in the hell should care what he thinks? Just like the last Chicopee police chief he is on a major power trip thinking that only he and his officers are special.

Simply put - In Chicopee cops have the right to be able to defend themselves, you on the other hand do not.

Until or unless the state police take over the distribution of LTC applications this crap will continue in various towns throughout MA. They need a system like SC where SLED (the state police) are in charge of this. Down there in the land of the free all the local yocal cop shop does is take your picture, do the finger prints, and run the background check.

Jake01234 - telling a fib (a lie) on the application is grounds for denial and possible jail time.
Oh my lord I cannot wait to leave New England and all this crazy gun law behind.

smitty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom